This unit will allow the English and Language Arts class a unique way to learn about Ancient Mesopotamia in a slightly different way than students will approach the topic in their traditional SS class.This unit is intended as a cross curricular unit and will focus on ELA standards, not necessarily SS standards. It is simply to make additional connections for our student and to expand their learning on several different levels.
INCLUDED IN THIS UNIT:
• KWL Chart - What do you know, want to know, and what did you learn about Mesopotamia?
• Have students read “Mesopotamia 101” to introduce Mesopotamia. Complete comprehension questions.
• Read summary of “The Epic of Gilgamesh” and complete chronological order activity.
• Watch TED Video: Folklore, fantasy and fact - Michael Molina - answer comprehension questions. Links provided.
• Write about and create your own mythological type story. Rubric Provided.
• Hammurabi’s Code DBQ - Link Provided