This escape room requires students to use their content knowledge, work together and lean heavily on their critical thinking skills. All tasks are hands-on; there is no need for students to use technology in any way. This is great for someone who has access to an escape room kit and just needs content to use, or for someone who wants to explore what a physical escape room would look like in their classroom.
The escape room kit used in the examples was one I pieced together myself, but there are lots of kits available for purchase that would fit the requirements of this room.
What You Get:
1. Walkthrough of escape room
2. Five printable tasks (1 opening task, 4 sets of multiple choice cards, 4 individual questions, 4 puzzle documents, 1 final puzzle)
3. Answer keys for each task
4. Student friendly instructions
5. ‘Things to consider’ list
6. Suggested shopping list (if you intend to build your own kits)
*** This is a digital file download only. There are NO physical supplies that come with the purchase of this escape room***
About The Escape Room:
1. It should be played with teams of 3-4 students.
2. Designed to take 40-50 minutes to complete
While you can adapt this room to fit any set-up you have available, the example requires each ‘team’ set up to have:
One hasp lock
One 4 letter word lock
One directional lock
One storage box that has a closure for the hasp lock
One lockable zipper pouch
One 3 digit lock
One personal safe
One small lock box
One diversion safe