Ancient Mesopotamia Learning Stations, 3D Ziggurat, Mesopotamia Activities
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This Ancient Civilizations Bundle includes 6 resources for teaching Mesopotamia, Ancient Egypt, Ancient China, Ancient India, Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome. Each resource includes learning activities to help students learn about each civilization’s geography, religion, achievements, politics, econPrice $44.99Original Price $49.94Save $4.95
This resource contains six Mesopotamia learning stations that students can rotate through in small groups. Each ancient Mesopotamia learning station (or center) is designed to give students engaging and exciting learning experiences to practice, enrich, review, and enhance their learning. Students will visit each station with a small group and complete tasks and activities all about ancient Mesopotamia.
Check this out! Students will create a 3-D ziggurat to showcase their learning. They’ll “build” each part of the ziggurat while their progress through the stations. Working both independently and with their small groups, students will have multiple opportunities to develop their understanding of Mesopotamia while they investigate its geography, religion, accomplishments, politics, economics, and society. Then, they'll cut out their work and assemble a 3-D ziggurat to display on their desks, around the classroom, or even slip into their folders to refer to throughout the school year.
ABOUT THE LEARNING STATIONS:
The learning stations are based on the Common Core elements for Social Studies: Geography, Religion, Achievements, Politics / Government, Economy, and Society.
STATION 1: GEOGRAPHY
Students learn about the geography of Mesopotamia as they color in an ancient Mesopotamia map and complete guided notes.
STATION 2: RELIGION
At this station students learn about the religion of Mesopotamia. First they learn the facts. Then, they fix the mistakes in a series of incorrect statements.
STATION 3: ACHIEVEMENTS
Students read a series of reading cards to learn about 5 of the Sumerian’s significant achievements. Then, they show what they know as they write about the achievements.
STATION 4: POLITICS
Students will learn about the Sumerian government in their small groups. Then, they’ll use their knowledge to answer targeted questions.
STATION 5: ECONOMY
At this station students will learn about how the Mesopotamian economy centered on trade. They’ll collect facts and doodle, too!
STATION 6: SOCIETY
Students will learn about the class structure in the Sumerian civilization. They’ll cut and sort to create a social class pyramid.
ABOUT THE 3-D ZIGGURAT
Students will easily create a 3-D ziggurat after they complete each ancient Mesopotamia learning station. They'll cut out their work and combine it to make the 3-D model! It's easy to create, but the "wow factor" can't be beat!
INCLUDED IN THIS DETAILED RESOURCE:
This resource is absolutely turn-key! Everything you need is included!
- Station Implementation Guide
- Station Grade Tracker
- Station Vocabulary Worksheet
- Station Table Labels (6)
- Teacher Resources - Detailed Station Overview and Set-Up Guides (7)
- Station Materials (reading passages, directions, reading cards, maps, student directions, ziggurat-shaped worksheets)
- Step-by-Step guide for make the 3-D ziggurat
- Keys (for all station activities)
You may also like:
- Geography Doodle Vocabulary – 50 Words!
- Ancient Egypt Learning Stations and Interactive Poster!
- Homework Twist Task Cards (use with any assignment)
- Growth Mindset Doodle and Do Activities (use all year long!)
- Classroom Community and Kindness Activities (build a connected classroom community)
Following is fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Let’s Stay in Touch!
*** Click HERE to receive the Brain Waves Instruction Newsletter filled with exclusive FREEBIES and Teaching Tips!
Brain Waves Instruction