- Ancient Mesopotamia Activities Resource Bundle!**NEW UPDATE 11/16/18 - 5 Reading Passages are now included in the bundle! This bundled product contains the following 6 StudentSavvy resources!Ancient Mesopotamia Reading Passages, Questions, & Annotations Ancient Mesopotamia Interactive NotebookAn$22.99$28.74Save $5.75
- Ancient Civilizations Reading Comprehension Passages, Worksheets, Questions, and Annotations Bundle! This bundle contains 8 StudentSavvy Reading Passage & Expository Text Resources! It contains a total of 40 Engaging, Non-Fiction Reading Comprehension Passages with Directions for Student Annot$33.00$42.00Save $9.00
- Ancient Civilizations Complete Curriculum (PRINT & DIGITAL)This complete curriculum resource has over 1000+ pages/slides of material covering The Stone Age | Early Humans | Archaeology, Ancient Mesopotamia, Ancient Egypt, Israel, Ancient India, Ancient China, Ancient Greece, and Ancient Rome. T$145.99$227.62Save $81.63
- Product Description
Ancient Mesopotamia Worksheets - Reading Comprehension Passages, Questions, and Annotations
This resource is designed for an Ancient Mesopotamia unit. It contains 5 Engaging, Non-Fiction Reading Comprehension Passages with Directions for Student Annotations! Reading Comprehension Questions also included!
Questions & Answer Keys for Each of the 5 Reading Passages!
COMMON CORE ALIGNED!
Topics covered in this resource include:
1.) Mesopotamia and the Fertile Crescent
-location between the two rivers
-nomadic versus sedentary lifestyle
-what was needed for survival
-the fertile crescent today (no longer fertile)
Keywords: nomad, fertile crescent, hunter-gatherer
2.) Sumerian Life
-supplies, economy, and inventions
-building of the Ziggurats
-hierarchy and society
Keywords: ziggurat, empire, city-states, polytheistic
3.) The Code of Hammurabi
-overall description of his codes (strict, severe, cruel and unjust)
-description of how they affected society
Keywords: Theocracy, stele
-when and how it was first used
-tools and materials needed for writing
-how it changed society
Keywords: cuneiform, tablet, reed, stylus
5.) The Epic of Gilgamesh
-earliest form of literature
- description of independent stories that make a combined epic
-overview of the stories
-who is Gilgamesh? Was he a living person or a fictional character? (According to scholars, he probably was real. The legends that are in the Epic of Gilgamesh are greatly exaggerated and fictional, but a man named Gilgamesh may have existed.)
Keywords: immortality, epic, heroic
You may also enjoy:
Tips for Savvy TpT Shoppers:
How to receive credit on TpT to use for future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page. Under each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, FREEBIES, and products:
• Look for a green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will now be able to see FREEBIES and customized emails from my store!
All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. (unless you purchase the multiple license)