This Ancient Rome packet has rigor,versatility and fun! NOW A COMPLETE UNIT BUNDLE!
CONTENT– The content in the bundle is organized with the key "big idea" Common Core concepts for Social Studies in mind. The concepts covered are:
· Government /Leadership
· Social Classes
Through teaching with key concepts as a filter, students will become familiar with the crucial attributes that have enabled civilizations to prosper. A foundation of key “big idea” concepts will guide students and class instruction with a platform to think critically, and make comparisons as young social scientists.
This Ancient Rome bundle is divided into IV parts:
I. ANCIENT ROME NOTES, POWERPOINTS, GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS, STATIONS AND CONTENT INSTRUCTION-
The content instructional materials are both student centered and teacher driven depending on teacher preference:
1.Ancient Rome PowerPoint Notes
2.Two Page Printable Notes with Graphic Organizers
3.Ancient Rome Student Centered Reading Stations
that are labeled and categorized with the key concepts.
4. Student Centered Big Ideas Foldable
5. Complete Vocabulary Mini Bundle
including: vocabulary assignments (varying format options in WORD and PDF), games, review and a quiz
6. Complete Geography Introduction Mini Bundle
including: Satellite Map physical geography introduction, map assignment, fun scavenger hunt activity, Where in the World class game and three physical geography assignment options.
7. Ancient Rome Pre and Post Unit Introduction/Review Activity
This activity has students analyze primary sources, maps and pictures to predict what they will learn!
II. ANCIENT ROME ACTIVITIES, CLOSE READINGS, WORKSHEETS AND COMMON CORE WRITING-
Current, engaging and interactive activities that have students process information. This packet includes:
1. Interview with Augustus iPad Time Machine Activity!
2. FUN iPOD Playlist for a Roman Citizen!
3.The 12 Tablets- FAIR? YOU DECIDE!
Common Core Information Text Reading and Writing
4.Common Core Writing Pre-Write and Template and Teaching Resources for an Informative Paragraph
5.Common Core Aligned Research Project Packet and Activity (6 ideas and Templates with the SAME rubric)
6.Common Core Primary Source Quote Activities
(5 to choose from)
7. DBQ- Roman Achievements Document Based Question
Reading and Writing Activity
8. Rome Interactive People Pass Activity that will get your students up and moving while focused on key concepts!
III. ANCIENT ROME REVIEW AND FUN GAMES!-
1.A Storyboard Assignment
2.Key Term Matching/Categorizing Printable with the "big Idea" key concepts for Social Studies.
3. FUN Vocabulary and Geography Class Games!
IV. ANCIENT ROME TESTS AND ASSESSMENTS
1. Vocabulary Quiz with academic and content vocabulary
2. Common Core Literacy and Writing Multiple Choice Test
in editable WORD and PDF
3. The DBQ listed above is also an extraordinary assessment!
This packet is not just a random selection of readings with unclear outcome expectations. Students will build a framework for future learning with concepts that will be repeated throughout their academic careers! Have a great unit!
♥♥♥SAVE BIG! Buy the entire year of Ancient History Lesson Plans in a discounted ANCIENT HISTORY MEGA BUNDLE
Tony Pavlovich, Intructomania