Also included in
- Are you looking for a fun way to review ancient world cultures? Look no further! This Ancient World Cultures Escape Rooms Bundle has everything you need! Whether teaching remotely or in-person, these classroom escape rooms are easy to set up and students will have lots of fun reviewing what they hav$20.00$25.00Save $5.00
- Are you looking for a fun way to review the third-grade social studies SOLs? Look no further! This 3rd Grade Social Studies Escape Rooms Bundle has everything you need! Whether teaching remotely or in-person, these classroom escape rooms are easy to set up and students will have lots of fun reviewin$35.00$40.00Save $5.00
In Ancient Rome: Time Travel Escape Room students are in the process of time traveling back in time to study ancient Rome when their time machine malfunctions! The only way for students to repair the time machine and return to the present is for students to successfully complete six challenges. Whether teaching in-person or virtually, this classroom escape room is easy to set up and students will have lots of fun reviewing what they have learned!
To take a closer look at the escape room activities included, check out the preview!
What will students learn with this classroom escape room?
Challenges can be used to introduce students to or to help students review the geography, economy, and culture of ancient Rome. With these escape room activities, students will learn:
- The geography Rome
- Ancient Roman representative democracy
- Ancient Roman architecture and art
- How the ancient Romans secured the goods and resources they needed
- Ancient Roman economics (including goods, services, natural resources, human resources, and capital resources)
What escape room activities are included?
Challenges require students to use critical thinking and inference skills. Challenges include activities such as:
- analyzing a map and decoding clues to learn about the geography of Rome
- solving math problems to reveal true facts about ancient Rome
- decoding messages to learn information about ancient Rome
- matching terms related to ancient Rome to a correct description
- analyzing images to determine which are related to ancient Rome
- sorting natural, human, and capital resources that were available in ancient Rome
Is a digital version included?
This resource includes two versions of the escape room. The first version is a PDF escape room that can be completed in a classroom.
The second version is a digital escape room that can be completed in Google Forms. The digital escape room is self-checking so that students can review the answers to their work even when learning remotely.
What standards are covered?
This escape room activity is aligned with the Ancient World Cultures SOLs 3.3, 3.5, 3.6c, 3.7, and 3.8.
While the escape room is specifically aligned to the Virginia SOLs, it also closely matches most ancient history standards related to ancient Rome.
Don't miss out!
Students will have fun learning more about ancient Rome as they solve the challenges and work to return to the present in this escape room activity! Teacher instructions are provided that explain how to set up and implement the activity in your classroom with minimal prep work.
You may also be interested in:
Follow my TpT store to learn about the newest resources and freebies!
Feedback helps me to create great products for you to use in your classroom. Please consider leaving detailed feedback about how this resource worked in your classroom. Each time you provide feedback, you earn TpT credits that can be redeemed for free and discounted resources on TpT in the future.
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).