Ancient Rome Inventions, Technology and Achievements Lesson Set
Also included in
- Lesson planning ancient civilizations has never been easier!! Together these lesson sets give you everything you need to effectively teach 8 major objectives for your Rome unit that accompanies your Ancient Civilization Curriculum. With this bundle you can teach your unit confident you are coveringPrice $33.95Original Price $39.60Save $5.65
- If you are overwhelmed by teaching ancient history, then you need these lesson sets designed with a simple structure that will not only alleviate your stress, but will also streamline your lesson planning and benefit your students. The Reason Why: I developed these lesson sets for teaching ancientPrice $197.00Original Price $279.95Save $82.95
- Looking for EVERYTHING you need to teach Ancient Rome to your 6th grade social studies class? This bundle as it ALL!This bundle includes everything made by Midgley for teaching a complete unit on Ancient Rome.This Everything Bundle Includes:Lesson Set: Location of Ancient RomeLesson Set: Food SupplyPrice $79.08Original Price $98.85Save $19.77
Have you been looking for a fun and educational way to engage your students and help them explore inventions, technology and achievements from ancient Rome? This easy-to-use lesson set of activities is just what you need!
My Lesson Sets are designed for a 6th grade social studies class with two main components:
- For the Teacher: These Lesson Sets will streamline the planning process and instruction for the teacher - ideal for those who are new to ancient history.
- For the Students: These Lesson Sets will foster the development of study skills and learning skills. The structure of these lessons and their differentiation options support student needs and promote academic success.
Included in this resource:
Every piece is designed to help you teach this objective:
Describe the technology of ancient Rome
- PowerPoint presentation = to present the foundational information to students. You can go into as much depth as you choose when you present. Also includes Google Slide format.
- Guided Notes using the Cornell note-taking structure = for students to engage and follow along with the presentation. Also includes Google Slide format.
- Reading Passage = for students to read and engage with using symbols and markings as they read. Also includes Google Slide format.
- Notebook Foldable Activity= for students to process information and use in their notebooks. Also includes a Digital Notebook page in Google Slide format.
- Vocabulary Study = for students to learn and thoroughly understand the key vocabulary words that accompany this objective. Also includes Google Slide format. Vocabulary in this lesson: aqueduct, basilica
- Worksheet = for students to think, process, and practice the content. Also includes Google Slide format.
- Explore Activity = for students to think critically about the objective. Also includes Google Slide format.
- 5 Questions = developed with Bloom’s Taxonomy strategy for students to review and think critically about the objective. Perfect to use as review or assessment. Also includes Google Slide format.
- Supplemental Resource Suggestions = links and materials that support the learning objective.
- Teacher Tips and Instructions for using all of these resources with your students.
- Includes Answer Keys!
- Suggestions for Utilizing Digital Versions.
- Aligned Standards.
How to use this resource:
✅ Pick and choose which pieces of this resource will suit the needs of you and your students. Every piece of this lesson set is designed to help you teach the objective: Describe the technology of ancient Rome.
✏️ First: pick a way for students to gather information
- PowerPoint or Reading Passage
- Guided Notes, Notebook Foldable, or Digital Notebook
✏️ Second: pick a way for students to process information
- Notebook Foldable or Digital Notebook
- Explore Activity
- Vocabulary Study
✏️ Third: pick a way for students to demonstrate information
- 5 Questions
- Explore Activity
Tip: The worksheet and vocabulary study work great as homework assignments.
How it will save you time:
✅ Every piece of this resource comes in a printable PDF file AND a digital Google Slide file. Which means you can use the exact same materials when teaching students in-person, remotely, and most importantly when teaching in a hybrid situation (in-person and remote).
This means you won’t have to search for materials for your students on screen or the students sitting in front of you. This lesson set provides both.
✅ This lesson set will also save you time when adapting to student needs:
If a student misses the class presentation, you can have them complete their guided notes using the reading passage.
✅ The final 5 Questions Review is based on the Blooms Taxonomy levels of questioning. Knowledge, Comprehension, Application, Analysis, Synthesis, Evaluation
You can use it as a quiz, review at the end of your unit, or as part of your unit assessment.
❤️ Why You’ll Love It ❤️
✅ Use this resource to teach ancient civilizations using the 7 part structure. Providing your students will a framework will help you streamline your teaching and make learning easier for students. You can read more about my 7 part structure on my blog at TeachLikeMidgley.com
✅ When you use this resource, you can teach with confidence that you are covering all the essential and foundational information your students need to know about the objective.
This gives you great flexibility to dive deeper into any aspect you or your students are interested in regarding the objective.
What Teachers Are Saying About these Ancient Rome Lesson Sets:
⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Stephanie said, “My 6th grade students were able to read this with little help from me. They were also very interested and engaged as they read. I used this as a whole group lesson. We read the passage together and discussed the vocabulary. I then showed all of the places on a map projected on the SmartBoard. Students then worked with partners to answer the questions. Students of all levels were very successful with this activity.”
⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Lois said, “Excellent product, easily adaptable for specialized needs.”
Included with this resource, you will find identified standards that this lesson set supports:
Curriculum Standards for Social Studies (CSSS) developed by the National Council for the Social Studies
Common Core State Standards (CCSS) developed by the National Governors Association
Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) developed by the Texas Education Agency.
When you use this lesson set along with my other ancient Rome lesson sets, you will have a complete unit. You can confidently teach the core objectives within a two week time frame. You can use any other time you may have for review, games, movies, in-depth projects, and assessments.
Technology << this set
Entire Ancient Rome Unit Lesson Set Bundle – Includes a BONUS Resource
Click the green star next to my store name so you can be notified about new products, updates and get the latest download.
Copyright © Teach Like Midgley
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional license if you intend to share this product.