Ancient Rome Learning Stations 3-D Colosseum Gladiators Rome Activities
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This Ancient Civilizations Bundle includes 6 resources for teaching Mesopotamia, Ancient Egypt, Ancient China, Ancient India, Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome. Each resource includes learning activities to help students learn about each civilization’s geography, religion, achievements, politics, econPrice $44.99Original Price $49.94Save $4.95
This resource contains six ancient Rome learning stations that students can rotate through in small groups. Each ancient Rome learning station (or center) is designed to give students engaging and exciting learning experiences to practice, enrich, review, and enhance their learning. Students will visit each station with a small group and complete tasks and assignments.
Here’s the fun part! After students complete each ancient Rome activity at the learning stations, they’ll turn their work into a 3-D Colosseum. That’s right! They’ll simply glue their work together, fold their papers, and create a Colosseum model that they can display on their desks or in the classroom. All of their work will be “inside” the Colosseum. And…to amp up the “fun factor,” there are even 3 gladiator figures that students can design and display inside their Colosseum. Oh, and storing their work is easy. It all easily folds into students’ notebooks or folders!
Working both independently and with their small groups, students will have multiple opportunities to develop their understanding of ancient Rome while they investigate its geography, religion, achievements, politics, economy, and society.
ABOUT THE LEARNING STATIONS:
The ancient Rome learning centers or stations are based on the Common Core elements for Social Studies: Geography, Religion, Achievements, Politics/Government, Economy, and Society
- Station 1: Geography - Students learn about the geography of ancient Rome as they label and color in a map & answer targeted questions based on a passage about Rome’s geography.
- Station 2: Religion - At this station students learn about the religion of ancient Rome. First, they’ll read a passage. Then, students will need to determine if statements are “true” or “false.”
- Station 3: Achievements - Students will read a series of reading cards to learn about 6 of ancient Rome’s significant achievements. Then, they collect facts and create fun sketches about each achievement.
- Station 4: Politics - Students will learn about the Roman government in their small groups. Then, they’ll use their knowledge to fill in guided notes about Rome’s political systems.
- Station 5: Economy - At this station students will learn about the economy of ancient Rome. They’ll need to complete a cause and effect chart all about Rome’s economy.
- Station 6: Society - Students will learn about the class structure in ancient Rome’s civilization. They’ll fill in guided notes and complete a social class chart.
ABOUT THE IN 3-D COLOSSEUM & GLADIATORS
Students will easily create a 3-D model of the Colosseum after they complete their station work. They’ll simply glue their work together and create a standing model of the Colosseum with their work “inside.” In addition, students can create 3 gladiator figures to display inside their Colosseum model. The 3-D Colosseum makes learning more interactive and engaging!
INCLUDED IN THIS DETAILED RESOURCE:
This resource is absolutely turn-key! Everything you need is included!
- Station Implementation Guide
- Station Grade Tracker
- Station Table Labels (6)
- Teacher Resources - Detailed Station Overview and Set-Up Guides (7)
- Station Materials (reading passages, directions, reading cards, maps, student directions, station pieces, Colosseum worksheets)
- Step-by-Step guide for make the 3-D Colosseum
- Gladiator Figures – Directions and Materials
- Keys (for all station activities)
You might also like...
- Geography Doodle Vocabulary – 50 Words!
- Ancient Mesopotamia Learning Stations and 3-D Ziggurat
- Ancient Egypt Learning Stations and Interactive Sphinx Poster
- Ancient Greece Learning Stations and Parthenon Accordion Book
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Let’s Stay in Touch!
*** Click HERE to receive the Brain Waves Instruction Newsletter filled with exclusive FREEBIES and Teaching Tips!
Brain Waves Instruction