Also included in
- Ancient Civilizations Reading Comprehension Passages, Worksheets, Questions, and Annotations Bundle! This bundle contains 8 StudentSavvy Reading Passage & Expository Text Resources! It contains a total of 40 Engaging, Non-Fiction Reading Comprehension Passages with Directions for Student Annot$33.00$42.00Save $9.00
- Ancient Rome Activities Resource Bundle!**Updates: 5 Reading Passages are now included in the bundle! - Digital & Print Board Game for Review now included! -Ancient Civilizations Curriculum Binders & Sample Pacing Guide for the Full School YearThis bundled product contains th$24.50$33.22Save $8.72
- Ancient Civilizations Complete Curriculum (PRINT & DIGITAL)This complete curriculum resource has over 1000+ pages/slides of material covering The Stone Age | Early Humans | Archaeology, Ancient Mesopotamia, Ancient Egypt, Israel, Ancient India, Ancient China, Ancient Greece, and Ancient Rome. T$160.00$259.62Save $99.62
Ancient Rome Worksheets - Reading Comprehension Passages, Questions, and Annotations
This resource is designed for an Ancient Rome unit. It contains 5 Engaging, Non-Fiction Reading Comprehension Passages with Directions for Student Annotations! Reading Comprehension Questions also included!
Questions & Answer Keys for Each of the 5 Reading Passages!
COMMON CORE ALIGNED! Aligned with Ancient Rome - Interactive Notebook
Quick overview of topics covered in this resource include:
1.) The Roman Republic & Daily Life
-Built on seven hills - Latins first came 1,000 BC, Rome was founded in 753 BC and became a Republic in 509 BC
-describes influences (Greeks and Etruscans)
-excelled with military and rose to power
-describes how they were able to maintain control and rule Italy
Keywords: Republic, Confederation, Triumvirate (during collapse)
2.) The Social Hierarchy of Ancient Rome -Describes the hierarchy (Senators, Nobles & Patricians, Plebeians, Freedmen, and Slaves), including the two chief executive officers in Roman Republic (Consuls, Praetors)
Keywords: plebeians, consuls, praetors
3.) Roman Law and Its Influences -Overview of system of government and laws
-describes how their ideas about laws and government influences our legal system today.
Keywords: Twelve Tables, Law of Nations, Roman Constitution, checks and balances
4.) The Punic Wars
-Overview of the First, Second, and Third Punic Wars
-Describes Hannibal Barca of Carthage and what made him an effective leader (great military strategist of all time, crossing of the Alps, the creativity of using war elephants)
Keywords: Punic Wars
5.) The Roman Empire -Describes how it was a period of great growth, wealth and trade (however, there was still an enormous disparity between rich and poor.)
-Describes daily life, entertainment, expansion, economy
Keyword: Pax Romana
You may also enjoy:
Tips for Savvy TpT Shoppers:
How to receive credit on TpT to use for future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page. Under each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, FREEBIES, and products:
• Look for a green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will now be able to see FREEBIES and customized emails from my store!
All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. (unless you purchase the multiple license)