Word Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
"The Destruction of Pompeii" tells the story of Pompeii's end and exposes students to primary and secondary history sources, as well as, asks them to make a decision, in a paragraph, about why some residents chose not to flee the volcanic eruption. Multiple Common Core-Aligned DBQ Assessments included.
- 6-Page Illustrated Article
- Multiple Choice / DBQ Assessment + Answer Key
- Scaffolded Paragraph Writing Activity + Scoring Rubric
- Primary Source: "Letter from Pliny the Younger ..."
- Common Core Short Answer DBQ Assessment + Answer Key
- Short Answer Scoring Rubric (allows students to score each other's answers)
- Exit Review + Answer Key
- Graphic Organizer: Four Takeaways
- 3-2-1 Activity
- Support from Text Guide
- Crossword + Crossword Key
- Historical Examination Form
- No Prep
- 3 different assessments - use one or all ... depending on time available to you
- 1 hour to 2 hours ... depending on what you use
Store: The Medieval World and Early Modern Times