And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
Novel Unit - A 100-page resource, designed to capture your student's attention, enhance close reading skills, and facilitate deep thinking and discussion when reading Agatha Christie's best-selling mystery novel, And Then There Were None.
The And Then There Were None Novel Unit is organized as a Survival Guide packet for students, and includes chapter-by-chapter quizzes, and a final exam. The product contains:
1. NOVEL WEBQUEST
– This 17 question web quest provides background knowledge on the author and other important concepts students need to know to connect with the mystery genre.
2. CHAPTER-BY-CHAPTER VOCABULARY AND SHORT ANSWER QUESTIONS
- Eighteen pages of vocabulary and questions for each chapter. Students cite text-based evidence to analyze what the text says, make inferences, analyze dialogue, figurative language, and point of view.
3. GUEST PROFILES
- Students record text details and descriptions for each of the guests on Soldier Island. They also take note of the manner in which they died and decide on a new suspect after each death.
4. "TEN LITTLE SOLDIERS" POEM ANALYSIS
- Students use the poem to make a prediction about the order of deaths in the novel, and then complete a poem analysis that requires them to associate each character's death with a death in the poem.
5. MAP PROJECT
– Students will work in small groups (or individual if you desire) to complete a Map Project for Soldier Island. Detailed directions require students to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the novel and recreate this understanding in a graphic format. This is great for student engagement and creativity!
6. 17 CHAPTER-BY-CHAPTER QUICK QUIZZES
– 4 to 5 question quizzes to gage basic student comprehension. Great for a quick assessment.
7. NOVEL FINAL EXAM
- An 80-question assessment that includes multiple choice, matching, true / false, and fill-in0the-blank questions. A complete answer key is included.
8. ANSWER KEY
- A complete Answer Key for the Web Quest and all chapter vocabulary and questions.
Buy this product now and be ready to teach the novel tomorrow! The only prep you have to do is run copies!
Purchase a Digital Google Slides
version of this unit. The digital version allows you to go paperless in your classroom! The digital version also includes all of the PDF's included in this unit.
Check out my other Novel Guides.
Connect with me at:
. . .Facebook
. . .Pinterest
. . .My Blog
. . .Instagram
Thanks so much for stopping by!