Lunch Money and No Talking by Andrew Clements are hilarious novels! This bundle includes student packets for each. It includes:
This is a 55 page novel study. It includes:
- pre-reading activities
- 1-2 short response questions for each of the 24 chapters
- evidence statements to use for scaffolding at the bottom of each page
- 6 extended responses for after reading
- character analysis report cards
- 4 journaling pages that can be used for each chapter, or as the teacher sees fit (visualizing, vocabulary, summarizing the chapter- Somebody Wanted But So, and story elements)
- test prep posters (genre, main idea, context clues, RATT strategy for short response questions, text features, text structures, etc.)
- list of additional novel study after reading projects and activities
This is a student packet that goes along with the text No Talking by Andrew Clements. It includes an overview of how to answer short response questions, using a special technique that has worked for my fourth graders for five years. It also has questions that go along with each chapter, evidence statement options for the students, some teacher notes to encourage adding details to questions, and several culminating writing projects. This document is 25 pages worth of materials to be used with this text.
No Talking is the story of Dave, who researched Gandhi and decided to stop talking in order to clear his mind. His experiment evolved into a boys vs. girls no talking competition for the entire fifth grade at his school. The text is humorous, engaging for all students grade 3-6, and lends itself well to making predictions.