Andrew Jackson is one of the most interesting and controversial presidents this country has known. This assignment offers your students 4 different options regarding Jackson's Presidency to write about.
- A planning page for each essay choice
- Differentiation in terms of style and skill level.
- "Outside the box" higher level thinking questions.
- Point of View
- Analysis and "staking a claim"
- Primary and secondary source requirements
- Connection to current events
I used this assignment as a summary of Jackson's Presidency after already discussing the details of his Presidency. It could also be used as a research based assignment that would allow the students to be responsible for teaching what they learned about Jackson.