This game allows kids to communicate, work together, and think critically while developing insight and learning about anger management.
• Explain and give examples of what a “trigger” is.
• Explain and give examples of what a coping skill is and how they can help us manage our anger.
1. Give each team the scategories paper located in this packet.
2. Pick a letter (write the letter on the board or the kids can write the letter in the “letter” column of the scategory paper to remember what letter they’re working with for each round).
3. Set a timer (age appropriate amount of time- usually about 3-4 minutes).
4. When you say “go,” the timer starts, and the kids can pick up their pencils and begin.
5. The kids work together to find a word for each category that begins with the letter that you gave them.
-Remind the kids to whisper and be creative! If another team has the same answer for a category- no points are given to either of the teams.
-Each word in the category that begins with the letter is a point (i.e. “Talking to the Teacher” = 2 points)
6. When the timer goes off, pencils must go down.
7. The kids go around the room to say what their team has for each category (1 point for each category).
8. Pick a different letter for each round.
9. Whatever team has the most points after the last round wins!
*This product contains a template as well as an example sheet