Anger management and poor impulse control begins with self-awareness, following with the introduction and practice of coping skills.
This product includes a sweet story of a shark that becomes angry when things do not go his way. His anger is shown in both his physical sensations and his actions. After being pointed out the friendship consequences of his anger outbursts, the shark is introduced to magic fish that offer helpful strategies to reduce his anger. The shark sees the benefits of using these coping skills and the readers will as well.
Begin this lesson with reading the story and explain the below strategies are to be used proactively when the urges/impulses to act out are strong. The strategies are to be practiced proactively, although may be used to redirect misbehavior when appropriate.
The product includes the following:
19-page social story about anger signs and coping skills.
18 coping skill task cards with the “magic fish”
6 physical signs of anger task cards with sharks
6 behavioral signs of anger task cards with sharks
30 Color friendly (BW) task cards to be used for coloring in.
5 different activity pages to be used with task cards for discussion, problem-solving, and prompting role plays.
Laminate, punch a hole in the coping skills cards and place a loose-leaf ring in the hole for easy viewing and prompting.
Decorate and glue angry sharks on the outside of lunch bags (representing the shark) and place coping cards inside the bag for random selection for problem-solving.
Make extra copies of the deep breaths and provide as nonverbal reminders.
Use bonus pages for coloring in and continued discussion.
A therapeutic activity that may be used in addition to this story is Things That Bite.
Other related Products
• ANGER Porcupine Pokes: Flip Book Art Craft
• Anger Self-Control Fortune Tellers
• Anger Signs & Coping Skills: THE ANGRY SHARK SOCIAL STORY 4 Behavior Management
• Button Pushers Game: Learn Triggers, Anger Stages, and Coping Skills
• Do It Yourself ANGER TOOL BELT craft for your coping skills tool box
• My Anger Road Map: Learning to Identify Triggers and Signs to Manage Anger
• Pushing My Anger Buttons: Worksheets and Task Cards
• Taking Space: Personal Time Outs for Anger and Self-Control Game
• What Pushes Your Buttons: Anger Triggers
• ANGRY ANTS: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy CBT Group for Negative Thinking
• Angry Activties To Shake Off Your Inner Monster: Task Cards and Worksheets
To save 20%, check out the Anger BUNDLE.
Copyright © Mental Fills. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one user is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. See product file for clip-art and font credits.