This Anger Triggers & Calm Down Strategies Interactive Activity encourages students to explore and identify their anger triggers and learn helpful ways to cope with their feelings.
To use this activity...
- First, students explore the 24 anger trigger cards and choose 6 that bother them the most. They can cut them out and glue them onto the "I feel ANGRY because" page, or attach them with hook and loop fasteners.
- Then, students explore the 20 calm down strategy cards and choose 6 that they would most like to learn, try, and practice. They cut them out and glue them to the "To CALM DOWN I can" page, or attach them with hook and loop fasteners.
- Blank cards for students to write/draw in their own anger triggers and calm down strategies are also included.
- A boy and girl version of a reference page that says, "I feel angry because _____, To calm down I can _____, and am I calm?" is also included for in-the-moment support.
- All materials are available in full color and black/white!
✨ If you like this activity, you would also love my other anger resources:
- "When Miles Got Mad" Companion Lesson
- Digital Anger & Coping Skills Activity
- Calm Down and Coping Skills Lap Book