How does launch angle impact the range, hang time, and maximum height of a projectile?
Allow your students to investigate and explore angle launched projectiles with this Angle Launch Virtual Lab (which uses and online applet from PhET) and Nerf Launcher Lab (which uses Nerf guns).
Whether you use the online, face-to-face, or both versions of this lab, your students will observe and analyze how 2D vectors, component vectors, projectile motion, geometry, and trigonometry come into play for projectiles launched at an angle.
This inquiry-based lab bundle by Hoop There It Is contains:
- Lab materials and prep directions (pg. 2)
- Angle Launch Virtual Lab directions, data sheet, and analysis questions (pg. 3-5)
- Nerf Launcher Lab directions, data sheet, and analysis questions (pg. 6-7)
- Ideal Results (pg. 8, 4 to a sheet for Nerf Launcher Lab follow-up)
- Angle Launch Virtual Lab KEY (pg. 9-11)
- Nerf Launcher Lab KEY (pg. 12-13)