Use the magic of Microsoft Excel to generate countless examples to demonstrate angle types, stimulate discussion, and build student confidence and competence.
ALL the work has been done for you! All you have to do is:
1. Open the downloaded Excel file.
2. Click on one of the lesson tabs located at the bottom of the screen.
3. Press the appropriate key(s) to generate an example (F9 for PC; Command + Equal for Macs).
4. Demonstrate, discuss, review, and learn.
5. Then with a simple key press, generate another example.
This complete unit for “Angle Types” includes three types of activities:
* Introductory Lessons - Generates an angle shown in comparison with a 90 degree angle so students can visualize the relationship between the angle types.
* Practice with Student Input – Students type in an angle measure and the angle is displayed. Great for ‘predictive’ practice. Students can indicate where an angle of a certain measure might fall, then type the degrees into the yellow box to check their prediction.
* Worksheets – Four printable worksheets provide students with angles to measure and identify. Perfect as an assignment or a quiz.
1) Measuring Acute Angles (10 acute angles to measure)
2) Measuring Obtuse Angles (10 obtuse angles to measure)
3) Mixed Practice (10 angles to measure and identify as either right, acute or obtuse)
4) Mixed Practice (8 rotated angles to measure and identify as either right, acute or obtuse)
Keys for all worksheets are included.