This resource can be used to either:
1) Teach students that 45 degrees is the angle that produces the greatest possible displacement
2) Have students apply all steps of the scientific method to a full lab write up
Your purchase provides you with access to the following resources:
1) Angle of Maximum Displacement Lab Report (Word)
2) Angle of Maximum Displacement Exit Ticket (Word)
3) Angle of Maximum Displacement Presentation (SMART Notebook)
4) Angle of Maximum Displacement Presentation (Powerpoint)
To perform this experiment, you will want access to the following resources:
-Required: computers that can run Phet Simulations
-Optional: finger rockets
Colorado 6.1.4.NS.2 & 6.2.1.NS.1 Ask testable questions and make a falsifiable hypothesis and design an inquiry-based method to find an answer.
Colorado 8.1.1a Predict and evaluate the movement of an object by examining the forces applied to it.
Colorado 8.1.1b Use mathematical expressions to describe the movement of an object.