Supplement your science lessons with an animal adaptations bingo game, matching activity, and short reading passage. The bingo game features 30 different animals and one or more of their physical, behavioral, or camouflage adaptations. The animals include mammals, amphibians, reptiles, birds, fish, and insects. Students create their own bingo cards either by writing or by cutting out and attaching 24 choices onto a blank bingo card. You can choose to have students make bingo cards using animal names only or animal names and pictures. The teacher reads an adaptation clue(s) aloud, then students cover the animal name if they have that choice on their cards. The matching activity cards are perfect for groups, early finishers, or in a center. There's also a cool mini-poster printable about all the animals and their adaptations and a short reading passage about elephant ears. Great for any animal unit!
Check out the preview to see all of the pages included in the resource.
Here is what you get when you purchase this resource:
• Write-the-words card (1 page)
• Choose-and-cut card with 30 choices, words and pictures (1 page)
• Choose-and-cut card with 30 choices, words only (1 page)
• Blank bingo card (1 page)
• 30 calling cards with adaptation clues and animal name (4 pages)
• Animal Adaptations printable/matching activity answer key (1 page)
• Bingo in the Classroom ideas (1 page)
• Matching Activity animal clue cards (4 pages)
• Matching Activity animal picture and name cards (4 pages)
• Flap Happy short reading passage (1 page)
• Flap Happy answer key (1 page)
• TOU & Credits (1 page)
bat, beaver, camel, crocodile, duck, elephant, frog, giraffe, groundhog, honey bee, horse, koala bear, jackrabbit, kangaroo, lion, meerkat, monkey, opossum, polar bear, porcupine, puffer fish, raccoon, rattlesnake, shark, stingray, toad, toucan, turtle, walking stick, woodpecker
HINT: You can use a free online bingo card generator if you like my word list and calling cards, but do not have the time for students to make their own bingo cards.
I’d appreciate your purchase, your rating, and your feedback.
Thank you from The Brighter Rewriter!
► See more Bingo Games
for building vocabulary, practice, review & test prep.
► Click on the ★ to follow me for updates about new products, sales info & more!