Travel Adventure Book: Animals of the Galapagos Islands
Take your students somewhere new while teaching about animal adaptations. This small informational text about some of the wonderful animals found on the Galapagos Islands will delight students.
All information and photographs are from my own travels to the Galapagos Islands. Information in the text comes from pre-travel research, travel guides, guide books, tour guide talks and other information I read while traveling.
This small book and accompanying worksheets cover a variety of common core reading skills while connecting to the science topic, animal adaptations.
Included in this download:
1. A 10 page small book that can be copied for each student
2. A reading guide to check for understanding
3. A worksheet to explore the nonfiction text features found in the informational text
4. A compare and contrast worksheet looking at two animals students will read about in the informational text
5. A worksheet asking students to identify adaptations of the Galapagos animals
6. A worksheet asking students to draw and label an animal from the text
7. Color photo cards
Make learning fun by using this small book to introduce students to some of the worlds most unique and interesting animals not found anywhere else in the world.
You can also find other globally themed products in my TpT store.
In my store you will find:
Other informational texts about countries and cities
Math game recording sheets
so much more!