Also included in
- In this Project Based Learning Plants and Animals Bundle you will have what you need to teach PBL Science! These top selling PBL units are now combined together at a better price! Creating these units are time consuming for any teacher and this bundle will save you hours and hours of work, planning$20.50$26.50Save $6.00
- In this Project Based Learning Science and Social Studies Bundle you will have what you need to teach using PBL this year! Creating these units are time consuming for any teacher and this bundle will save you hours and hours of work, planning and your time. It includes a Plant Unit, Solar System Uni$42.00$60.00Save $18.00
This unit is based off of the fun, educational picture book, What if I had Animal Teeth. The students will be educated on various features and adaptation of animals. There are a variety of lessons, that are all step by step and have the students doing research, using technology, informational writing, presenting, creating, listening, group work and more.
This is DIGITAL and PRINTABLE. Digital options in a zip drive.
This is a great way to incorporate the NGSS 1-LS1-2 standards to your lessons. You can also use this within your ELA curriculum and Writing Curriculum to make it a full PBL Unit.
You do not need to do Project Based Learning to use this unit.
Students learn about the various animal features and how these animals need particular features to help them survive in the wild. Students use 21st century learning skills to work with a group to dive into researching about one particular animal and then are able to present their findings to the class or an audience showcasing their informational writing, a craft project and their group work in answer the question to their problem.
- Step by Step Lesson Plans (Even a substitute can handle it)
- Real Animal Pictures
- 13 Different Animal Pictures with Reading Passage about the animal (Digital)
- Graphic Organizers (Digital)
- Close Reading Passages (Digital)
- Close Reading and Inference Instructions and Schedule (Digital)
- Driving Question Included
- Art Activity
- Presentation Instructions
- 10 or more days worth of planned lessons (easily extended much longer. Extension activities included)
- Informational Writing Activity (Digital)
- Technology Activities
- Differentiation Opportunities
- Art Activity can turn into a Bulletin Board Display
- Black and White Pages
- 93 Pages (Plus Black and White Pages)
This project works well with 1st and 2nd Grade students and teaches them how to do research and take the facts that they learned and turn it into an informational writing, art project, presentation piece and they can present it in the end. Students love learning about animal teeth and what it would be like to have them. It is a great buy in for excitement.
You do not need to have the book to do this unit.
This unit is based off of using PBL, Project Based Learning, but you do not need to do that part of it. PBL is a student centered learning model in which students work on a project for an extended period of time. I. It integrates math, technology, social studies, ELA and writing. This unit does not incorporate math.
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love FEEDBACK!
As always, please contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
Special Treat Friday, Heather McKinsey