About this Product
• This product includes reading passages with text-based evidence comprehension questions.
• Comprehension questions probe lower, mid and higher order thinking.
• Reading passages align with my interactive notebook chapters.
• Reading passages can be used for close reading, one-on-one intervention, homework or sub work.
• Reading passages can be used as a "prelab" so to introduce students to the topic(s) of a SNAPs lab.
• Answer key included.
• Download FREE Reading Passages to learn more about my reading passages
• Save 45% with the Life Science Complete Curriculum
• Save 50% with the Integrated Science Complete Curriculum
Passage #1: Types of Animals
Passage #2: Animal Needs
Passage #3: External Animal Parts
Passage #4: Types of Adaptations
Passage #5: Aquatic Animal Adaptations
Passage #6: Feeding Adaptations
Passage #7: Locomotion Adaptations
Passage #8: Body Covering Adaptations
Passage #9: Defense Adaptations
Passage #10: Winter Adaptations
Passage #11: Extreme Environment Adaptations
Passage #12: Instincts vs. Learned Behavior
Passage #13: Behavioral Adaptations Part 1
Passage #14: Behavioral Adaptations Part 2
Passage #15: Seasonal Behaviors
Passage #16: Life Cycle Adaptations
Passage #17: Animal Intelligence
Passage #18: Animal Communication
Passage #19: Thermoregulation
Passage #20: Endotherms vs. Ectotherms
Purchasing Individual Passages
Reading passages are sold a la carte at $2.00 per passage. You can find individual passages by clicking on the hyperlinks above. If you plan to purchase more than half of the reading passages from this resource, it is more economical to purchase the entire unit of passages rather than passages individually.
A colored shape code is denoted to help you differentiate concepts:
• Reading passages with a green circle cover basic ideas and understandings.
• Reading passages with a blue square cover intermediate ideas and understandings.
• Reading passages with a black diamond cover advanced ideas and understandings.
• All rights reserved by Stephanie Elkowitz.
• This product is to be used by the original purchaser only.
• Intended for classroom and personal use only.
• Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited.
• This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view.
• Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).