Also included in
- Let’s transform your classroom for a grand adventure with animal adaptations! Students will read about adaptations and complete comprehension activities during your reading block. At the same time they will be working their way through a fabulous escape room featuring vocabulary matching, math probl$7.50$9.50Save $2.00
- Are you ready to print and have students reading in a matter of minutes? These reading comprehension sheets with informational text are perfect in so many ways. Topics are high interest and many correlate with units of study. So, get ready to tackle some science, some holiday topics, or just some fu$51.00$64.00Save $13.00
- This fabulous bundle of two resources is a great way to tackle a STEM activity. Students will read about adaptations and complete comprehension activities during your reading block. Add a little STEM Challenge to the mix and your students will definitely ask for more of these combinations!NOTE: Both$5.50$7.00Save $1.50
Are you ready to print and have students reading in a matter of minutes? These reading comprehension sheets with informational text are perfect in so many ways. The topic of this set is the best! It’s all about animal adaptations. This would be great addition to your Distance Learning printed packets.
NOTE: This reading passage set is available in a printable and digital format.
NOTE: This resource can be found as part of money-saving bundles:
- Animal Adaptations Reading and Escape Room Bundle
- Print and Read Bundle
- Animal Adaptations Reading and STEM Bundle
This set features upper 3rd to fifth-grade skills of finding the main idea, determining word meaning in context, finding evidence, comparing examples to passages, listing examples, and basic reading comprehension questions.
The set also makes use of non-fiction text features. You will find bulleted lists, bold print words, parentheses, titles, subtitles, Venn diagrams, illustrations, and labels used in the reading passages or worksheets.
The four reading passages are provided in two reading levels- an easier and a more challenging. The reading selections are about animal adaptations, how animals use camouflage and mimicry, learned and instinctive adaptations, and how humans can protect endangered animals.
In addition, a newspaper mock-up article page is included that has 3 more reading selections. There is a comprehension question page for the newspaper set and 2 graphic organizers. The newspaper articles are about unusual adaptations, camouflage and mimicry, and herpetologists.
All answer keys are provided. Specific skills and Common Core standards are listed on the table of contents page.
NOTE: The reading levels of the passages are appropriate for upper third grade through fifth grade. This set is perfect for centers, small groups, seat work, homework, or sub days!
Specific contents of this resource are:
- Selection 1- How Do They Survive? – in 2 reading levels
- Selection 2- Can You See Me? - in 2 reading levels
- Selection 3 – Do Animals Learn? - in 2 reading levels
- Selection 4 – How Can We Protect Them? - in 2 reading levels
- Newspaper Page- 3 articles with separate question page and 2 graphic organizers
- Answer keys for all
- Table of Contents listing levels, skills, Common Core standards, and non-fiction text features
- Teacher's Guide with notes about reading levels, standards, organizations, and ideas for use
This set is also available with a digital version:
This set is also available in a BOOM card version. The Boom set has more reading passages and different questions.
You might also like these resources about Animals:
- Escape the Rainforest Digital Breakout
- Animal Adaptations Boom Cards
- Animal Adaptations Posters
- Escape Room featuring Animal Adaptations
- STEM Quick Challenge Animal Adaptations
- STEM Quick Challenge Build a Spider Cage
- STEM Quick Challenge Shark Traps
- Animal Adaptations Non-Fiction Text Features Booklet
- Sharks Flipper Book
- Sharks Non-Fiction Text Features and Task Cards
- Animal Defenses Daily Quick Reads
- Endangered Animals Quick Reads
- Bioluminescent Animals Quick Reads
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Click here to follow my store. It’s that easy to receive email updates about Teachers Are Terrific!
Keep in Touch!
Thank you so much,
Teachers Really are Terrific!