Animal Adaptations Reading and Escape Room Bundle
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (2)
Let’s transform your classroom for a grand adventure with animal adaptations! Students will read about adaptations and complete comprehension activities during your reading block. At the same time they will be working their way through a fabulous escape room featuring vocabulary matching, math problems, and solving a secret message code. Add a little STEM Challenge to the mix and your students will definitely ask for more of these combinations!
Note: All three of the resources in this bundle may be purchased separately.
NOTE: If you are looking for a reading resource and STEM Challenge without the Escape Room here it is:
THE ESCAPE ROOM
Included in the Escape Room file of this resource, you will find:
- Table of contents
- 3 pages of tips and tricks for setting up everything
- Box 1- 2 pages of teacher directions, student directions cards in two versions, animal clue cards and descriptions, and the box labels
- Box 2- 2 pages of teacher directions, math page in two levels, alternative printing options, and box labels
- Box 3 – 2 pages of teacher directions, secret message page in two versions and two sizes, and box labels
In addition: answer keys where applicable, hint cards for each task, an alternative locking system (made of paper), STEM Challenge information section, certificates to award students completing the task, 3 animal adaptation posters, black and white versions of all labels and certificates, and an organizing check-off sheet for you.
THE STEM CHALLENGE
Here’s a perfect STEM challenge to use at the end of your study of Animal Adaptations. Students will build a three-dimensional model of an animal of their choice and showcase its adaptation. This is a great learning experience for everyone.
The STEM Challenge specifically contains:
- Cover sheet
- Teacher Background
- 2 pages of Teacher Directions
- Set of Criteria cards for students (in 2 versions)
- Lab Sheet with answer samples
- 2 pages of photos
- Scoring rubric
All forms are provided in an editable format!
PRINT AND READ
This Print & Read resource features upper 3rd to 5th-grade skills of finding the main idea, determining word meaning in context, finding evidence, comparing examples to passages, listing examples, and basic reading comprehension questions.
The set also makes use of non-fiction text features. You will find bulleted lists, bold print words, parentheses, titles, subtitles, Venn diagrams, illustrations, and labels used in the reading passages or worksheets.
The four reading passages are provided in two reading levels- an easier and a more challenging. The reading selections are about animal adaptations, how animals use camouflage and mimicry, learned and instinctive adaptations, and how humans can protect endangered animals.
In addition, a newspaper mock-up article page is included that has 3 more reading selections. There is a comprehension question page for the newspaper set and 2 graphic organizers. The newspaper articles are about unusual adaptations, camouflage and mimicry, and herpetologists.
All answer keys are provided. Specific skills and Common Core standards are listed on the table of contents page.
You may enjoy these Animal Resources:
- Escape the Rainforest Digital Breakout
- Animal Adaptations Boom Cards
- Animal Adaptations Posters
- STEM Quick Challenge Build a Spider Cage
- STEM Quick Challenge Shark Traps
- Animal Adaptations Non-Fiction Text Features Booklet
- Sharks Flipper Book
- Sharks Non-Fiction Text Features and Task Cards
- Animal Defenses Daily Quick Reads
- Endangered Animals Quick Reads
- Bioluminescent Animals Quick Reads
You might also like these bundles:
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Click here to follow my store. It’s that easy to receive email updates about Teachers Are Terrific!
Keep in Touch!
Thank you so much,
Teachers Really are Terrific!