"Animal Adaptations" includes everything you’ll need to teach your students how animals use their adaptations to survive. After learning about animals’ physical features and behaviors, students will create trading cards to showcase their learning. Best of all, this research project can be used over and over again! Simply add extra copies of the blank templates to the animals section of your classroom library so that students can add to their trading card collections all year long.
This unit includes:
• 10 day unit plan
• Vocabulary cards (color and B&W)
• Teaching posters (discussion starters)
• “Adaptations: Physical Feature or Behavior?” activity
• Animal coverings poster (student project)
• “4 Corners” game
• Animal coverings scavenger hunt
• Animal coverings sort
• Comparing adaptations organizers
• Research organizer
• Animal trading card templates (with primary and intermediate lines)
• Trading card envelope templates
• Project rubric
I hope that your students enjoy this unit as much as mine have!