Animal Babies in Grasslands
This packet was created as a resource to the Scott Foresman Reading Street® Unit 2 story, Animal Babies in Grasslands! I have tried to accommodate both the 2008 and 2013 versions of this unit. Please be sure to check out the preview of this product not every page is shown but you will get a good idea of what is included! Below is a more detailed description of what it includes. If you have any questions please ask. ☺ Enjoy!
1. Cover ~ Title Page
2. Directions page – what is included.
3. I have included a Cover Page for your focus board
4. Concept Question (s) of the week. (Great for a focus board!)
5. Amazing words poster
6. 6 individual amazing word posters with clip art and description
7. 6 – ½ sheet posters with the amazing word and clip art. Hang around your room for a write the room activity.
8. Printable – Worksheet to go along with the write the room amazing words
9. Journal pages for days 1-5.
10. We, my, like sight word cards – Add to word ring or for send home practice.
11. Printable – A baby ________ is called a ________. Poster for reference with the different grasslands animals and their babies.
12. Main Idea poster – comprehension skill of the week
13. Letter Pp poster with clip art and p words
14. Letter p printable – Find the P’s, handwriting practice
15. Letter P printable – use a magazine to find the letter P or things beginning with P and glue them onto the large P on the paper
16. Letter P printable – draw pictures that begin with P and handwriting practice.
17. Pp printable – color the P pictures, fill in P is for _______ and draw a picture to match, handwriting practice.
18. Color word poster – yellow, red, blue
19. Printable – crayons color by color word
20. Name of the animal vs. name of the baby poster – fill in as a class
21. Rhyming Words poster - Poster with definition and clip art
22. Rhyming words printable
23. Adjectives poster – definition and clip art
24. Adjectives printable – fill in an adjective to describe the animal.
25. Sorting Cards – I have included cards that start with P or end with P. I cut out the “title” cards and glue them onto a paper sack. Then as a class we will sort the cards together…cards included: penguin, cap, pirate, peas, pepper, peanut butter, map, pig, top, mop, pan, chip, cup.
26. Handwriting Poster – Letter Pp
27. 6 daily fix it posters – there is room to correct the sentence. (Laminate for reuse and use with a dry erase marker.)
28. Color by sight word page -elephant
29. Rainbow writing – we, my, like
30. Fill in the sentence printable – we, my, like
31. Flip & Find Printable
32. 2pages of sight word cards to match the Flip & Find
(Flip & Find – place the cards in a pocket chart or on a table, have the children take turns picking a card and reading the word or naming the character from the story, color the word on their printable worksheet. (Another way to use this is to have laminated copies and have them mark the word somehow.) Activity is finished when all cards are flipped over. My kindergarteners LOVE this and it has really helped with sight word recognition!)
33. Large Sight Word Cards –we, my, like – Use on your focus board for introduction to new words.
34. Ordering by size printable
35. Pp or No Pp printable with matching cards
36. Read it, write it, trace it, build it printable with we, my, like
37. Credits Page
There are a total of 65 pages included in this packet!
If you find this a helpful resource in your teaching of Scott Foresman Kindergarten Reading Street, please consider following my store! I will be adding resources packets to go along with the other stories! PLEASE, leave feedback!! ☺