What’s more adorable than animal babies? That’s right, NOTHING! Great for Back to School Fun! Students will improve their animal vocabulary by matching animal names and pictures with the baby names. Two worksheets are also included to reinforce the vocabulary. Did you know that a baby platypus is a puggle? Awwww. This product is educational fun at it’s cutest! Perfect for the first or last few days of school, as an introduction to an animals unit or project, or any time you just need a break from the regular routine.
My high school students especially loved the whole class game, but you can use this with a wide range of age groups. The worksheets are optional and may not be appropriate for younger students, but all ages will love the animal picture cards!
40 animal baby card sets, optional worksheets, and instructions for individual, small group, and whole class activities are included.
This product includes:
• Two sets of 40 cards (40 animals total) with the parent animal picture and name written in all caps on one card and the animal baby name in lower case on the corresponding card. Print these on card stock, laminate, and cut apart. See preview for examples.
• Definitions worksheet for each set that can be used for pre-assessment and completed using a dictionary or other resources.
• Matching worksheet for each set that works well after the activity to assess learning.
• Instructions for:
1) Whole Class “Find Your Partner” activity that your kinesthetic learners will really enjoy
2) Small Group “Memory Game”
3) Making Flash Cards for individual students – great for early finishers
• Answer Chart and Keys to worksheets
You might also like my Animal Group Names Activity