NO PREP Biology or Life Science Warm-Ups, Bell-Ringers, Exit Slips, and / or Additions to Interactive Notebooks for your unit on animal behavior.
No gluing, cutting or folding required! Maximize your instruction time!
Please note that this product is also sold in two different bundles of interactive notebook pages and warm ups. You can view the bundles by clicking these links:
Interactive Notebook Pages, Warm-Ups and Bell Ringers for Biology BIG BUNDLE Part 3
ONE FULL YEAR of Biology Warm Ups, Bell ringers, and Interactive Notebook Pages
These warm up / interactive notebook pages are perfect for students in grades 8 - 12. The pages range in difficulty from very basic to more advanced, making these suitable for upper middle school, high school biology or life science classes.
This product includes 19 student pages of biology / life science warm ups or bell ringers for your unit on animal behavior.
How can these be used?
• Warm Ups or Bell Ringers
• Exit Slips
• Additions to Interactive Notebooks
• Homework assignments
• Tutoring and review
• Short daily quizzes
• Perfect for early finishers
• Completed notebook is ideal for semester exam review.
Click here to download a free sample of my warm ups, bell ringers, and interactive notebook pages. The sampler includes pages from many of my warm up units.
Classroom management is a very large part of what we do every day as science teachers, and the first few minutes of a class period can be somewhat chaotic. You can turn this chaotic time at the beginning of your class into an organized time of meaningful learning.
****Included in this product:
• 19 warm-up or bell-ringer activities (19 pages)
• Complete answer keys (19 Teacher Answer Pages)
• 4-page Teacher Guide
• Editable Template for creating your own warm-ups.
• Editable templates for starting your own interactive, warm up notebooks.
The pages are printed landscape style. The pages look best if printed in color, but also look great if printed in black/white. Each activity is one-half page in size. Two identical warm-ups are printed per page in order to conserve paper. These half-page activities can be collected and quickly graded, or you might want to have your students keep a daily warm-up notebook. These warm-ups will make excellent additions to your interactive notebooks.
The 19 student pages include the following titles:
• Introduction to Animal Behavior
• Innate Behaviors
• Learned Behaviors
• Classical Conditioning
• Operant Conditioning
• Competitive Behaviors
• Reproductive Behaviors
• Social Behaviors
• Cyclic Behaviors
• Name That Behavior!
• Behavior Graphic Organizer
• Thinking Critically About Animal Behavior
• Review: What’s the Relationship?
• Review the Vocabulary!
• Review: Fill in the Blanks
• Review: True or False?
• Review: Short Answer
The above titles will cover the following information:
• Introduction to Animal Behavior: Definition of behavior, examples of behavior, stimulus/response, factors that determine behavior, why behaviors are so important.
• Innate Behaviors: Definition and examples, fixed action patterns.
• Learned Behaviors: Advantages of learning, Four types of learned behavior, habituation, classical conditioning, operant conditioning, reasoning/insight.
• Classical Conditioning: Definition, Ivan Pavlov, differences between classical and operant conditioning.
• Operant Conditioning: Definition, BF Skinner, Skinner boxes.
Imprinting: Definition, sensitive period, the importance of imprinting.
• Competitive Behaviors: Competition, aggression, territoriality, dominance hierarchies.
• Reproductive Behaviors: Sexual selection, courtship, the purpose of courtship, courtship rituals.
• Communication: Ways animals communicate, aposematic coloration, mimicry, pheromones, language.
• Social Behaviors: Social groups, advantages and disadvantages of social groups, altruism.
• Cyclic Behaviors: Definition, circadian rhythms, lunar cycles, hibernation, migration.
• Name That Behavior! Students read 12 examples of animal behaviors and must decide what type of behavior is bing described.
• Behavior Graphic Organizer: Given the name of a type of behavior, students must give the function of the behavior and an example of the behavior,
• Thinking critically: Critical thinking and problem solving questions about animal behavior.
• 5 pages of review: Fill in the Blank, Review the Vocabulary, What’s the Relationship, Short Answer and Modified True/False.
Click these links to view other available units:
Introduction to Science Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Cell Structure, Function, and Physiology Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Ecology Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Genetics Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
DNA, RNA and Protein Synthesis Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Evolution and Classification Warm Ups
Viruses and Bacteria Interactive Notebook Pages or Warm Ups
Interactive Notebooks Big Bundled Set Part 1
The Fungi: Interactive Notebook and Warm Up Pages
Protista Kingdom Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
The Human Body: An Introduction Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Skeletal, Muscular and Integumentary Systems
The Human Body: Circulatory System Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
The Human Body: Respiratory System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Digestive System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Excretory System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Immune System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Nervous System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Endocrine System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Reproductive System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Drugs
The Human Body BIG BUNDLED set of Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
Plant Evolution and Classification Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Plant Structure and Function Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Plant Reproduction and Plant Response Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
No Prep Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups Big Bundle 2
Introduction to Animals Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Porifera and Cnidaria Warm Ups and Interactive Notebooks
Platyhelminthes and Nematoda Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Phylum Mollusca and Phylum Annelida
Phylum Echinodermata Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Introduction to the Chordates and the Fish
Class Aves - The Birds
No Prep Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups Big Bundle 3
In this time saving classroom management strategy, all you have to do is print the pages, cut them in half and put your students to work.
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)