This products contains 8 flap pictures that represent characteristic animal behaviors and specialized plant structures that affect the probability of successful reproduction of animals and plants. These flaps can open so students can write underneath them about these behaviors or structures. CLICK PREVIEW to see what you will receive (please NOTE - the answer key is provided but is not included in the preview).
4 pictures that represent animal behaviors that affect the probability of ANIMAL reproduction
(1) Building nests - owl building a nest for her eggs
(2) Herding - gazelles that herd for protection "safety in numbers"
(3) Vocalization - prairie dogs bark to warn other prairie dogs of predators
(4) Colorful Plumage - Male peacocks useful colorful plumages to attack female peacocks so they can breed
2 pictures that represent animal behaviors that affect the probability of PLANT reproduction
(1) Pollinators - bees help transfer pollen from one flower to another
(2) Burying Nuts/Seeds - squirrels bury seeds/nuts from plants (this helps promotes seed germination & growth of plants)
2 pictures that represent plant structures that affect the probability of successful reproduction of PLANTS & ANIMALS
(1) Bright Flowers, Nectar, & Odors - all of these attack pollinators that help transfer pollen to other plants so they aid in fertilization of plants
(2) Hard Shells - Plants produce seeds that are covered by hard shells that help protect the seedling from harm (like cold weather) until they can grow
One NGSS MS-LS1-4 insert: it explains the standard and it can be cut out and included in a science interactive notebook
This would fit great in a science interactive notebook. It can be used to help aid in covering the NGSS: MS-LS1-4.
This product is in a Microsoft word document (version 97-2003) and a PDF document in case you want to EDIT it to fit your classroom needs (for example, maybe you teach a younger grade level and can modify it to fit your standards).
Visit my store to see my other products
Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.