I have been using these animal cards with students for over 20 years. I am sharing 18 cards with you now because I just updated all the pictures and narratives. Each animal card has a positive message which may relate to the student. I came up with this idea after reading the book, Medicine Cards by Jamie Sams & David Carson. They are Native American teachings that relay life lessons connected to animals. Here are the ways I have used these cards during speech groups: FREE for limited time.
• Conversation Ice Breaker – cards are turned over – students pick card, read and discuss. Do they have a favorite animal?
• Auditory Recall – I read the card – student has to answer questions
• Vocabulary – synonyms/antonyms and multiple meanings are chosen from each narrative
• Multiple Syllable Words – included in every narrative – highlighter tape can be used on words
• Speech Sounds – work on sounds in connected speech
• Inference – What do you think?