This printable includes five versions of a beautifully drawn animal cell diagram. They photocopy well and are great for use as a labeling and coloring exercise for your students.
The first diagram is a colored and labeled reference chart. In case you need a little refresher before going over your lesson, or want something for your children to be able to read, we have added a simply worded but terminologically accurate summary, describing each of the labeled parts, and what they do.
The summary is very basic, and designed to be understandable by young children with little prior knowledge of biology. It has a short section explaining some background information such as what atoms, molecules and proteins are. It would be a great introduction for beginners who have never studied cells before; probably not so much for those desiring an in-depth, or advanced study.
Complete package contents are as follows:
- One colored and labeled reference chart (Not for black and white photocopying)
- One black and white reference chart
- One black and white diagram with lines for students to fill in labels
- One black and white diagram with no lines or labels, so you can customize what labels the diagram will include
- One larger version of the cell diagram, with no lines or labels
- A 3 page reference sheet with descriptions for each of the labeled parts