Your students will love these worksheets and prewritten conversations with over 50 bilingual vocabulary words formatted for handouts and seat work or as display on your smartboard or document camera; all related to conversations that that they will have about animals of the world. The worksheets can be modified for teacher-guided, individual, group or whole class activities. All student worksheets may be used for either written or verbal interactions.
What is included:
• Animal Characteristic Vocabulary Fill-In Checklist
• Bilingual Spanish English Glossary of physical characteristics
• Bilingual vocabulary reference formatted for use has handout and seat work.
• Simple and Complex conversation pages which include:
• Bilingual Interactive Conversation Questions and open-ended responses formatted for the document camera, smartboard and handouts.
• For Accelerated and Advanced Learners; Bilingual Interactive Comparison Conversation Questions and open-ended responses.
• Conversation instructions
• One week of daily lesson suggestions with variations for accelerated learning.
These materials are designed to coordinate and be a follow up to animal topic vocabulary lessons. The worksheet pages move students from simple to more complex syntax as they build to language proficiency and include comparative expressions of “better than”, “worse than”, etc. The remaining pages of conversation are for more advanced students who have a broader range of grammar and will be an essential tool for any of their conversations about pets, favorite animals, regional animals or environmental conservation.
Essential skill practice:
- Animal topic vocabulary
- Verb infinitives
As always, Maestra Mapache has first created these activities and used in her own classroom. Secondly these activities are designed to be adaptable to any of your lesson units and the vocabulary has been prepared with terminology to allow the teacher flexibility in lesson preparation.
The Animal Characteristics Conversation Activity can be purchased individually and used to supplement your current animal and textbook curriculum. As a reference tool you may prefer to supplement with my Animals of the World Vocabulary Thematic Reference as it is designed to provide a foundation for the majority of common vocabulary that students will utilize throughout the course of any conversation about animals. Maestra Mapache Creations has coordinated these collections of vocabulary, dialogues, worksheets and images to be your versatile tool for both verbal and written activities. Put your valuable time back in your hands.
Thank you for visiting my store!
Please see my other resources below:
Animals of the World Vocabulary Thematic Reference
Pet and Farm Animal Bilingual Mini-Dialogues
Animal Habitat Worksheet Activities
Animal Questions and Responses Interactive Practice
Saving The Planet Worksheet A
Bilingual Good Practices Environmental Powerpoint