Animal Classification: How are Animals Different?
This comprehensive unit on Animal Classification will help students understand how we classify animals into groups by their similarities. Students will see how the characteristics of one animal group are different from another animal group.
This unit can be used in several grades.
• PowerPoint. (28 pages)
• Bulletin Board/Posters - Similar to PowerPoint information but in vertical more consolidated format. (14 pages)
• Animal Differences Chart - A chart with each animal group and their common characteristics. Students can complete along with PowerPoint or after.
• Animal Stories - Students identify 3 defining characteristics of an animal group then write a short story using those characteristics. (4 pages)
• Who Am I? - Short description of an animal group with several hints for students to solve.
• True and False - Students assess whether animal group statements are true or false.
From The Developer:
I was a 2nd and 3rd grade elementary teacher for 33 years. I'm now a teaching librarian. It was always a struggle to find a good animal classification resource, so I helped develop this comprehensive unit. Since this is an important subject to cover in early elementary years, we hope you find it useful.
Copyright © Galloping Turtle Books - All Rights Reserved. The purchase of this unit, including the individual parts, are for one teacher only. Other teachers or classrooms must purchase their own individual license. All the individual elements are copyrighted and not in the public domain. Rights do not allow any publication of any parts of the work or uploading to the school website or the internet in any form.
For More Educational Resources: