Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This is a fully integrated 6 week unit on staying alive: our human body and animal classification. It's 240+ pages jam packed with science and literacy for 6 weeks, plus math and phonics connections where applicable! Just print the weekly and daily lesson plans, the materials, and you have your next 6 weeks planned out in literacy and science!
*****Please read the description carefully and download the preview to see exactly what is included in this resource! And feel free to leave any clarifying questions in the Q&A BEFORE purchasing this resource! :) *****
Perfect for Kinder Next Gen Science Standards on staying alive (K-LS1-1)!
Read about how I teach this unit in my classroom
This is part of my year long integrated units bundle. Other units from this Bundle include:
Included in this packet:
• 6 weeks of weekly visual plans for science, guided reading, writing, math, read alouds
• 6 weeks of daily detailed lesson plans for science and writing
• Common Core standards attached to each activity
• 60 CCSS I can objectives for literacy, math and science, each subject is a different background for easy coding...each subject area has a blank template page for customization. Objectives for focus standards and year long standards based on my *YEAR LONG PACING GUIDE*
• 43 word wall/vocabulary cards and a blank template for customizing
• 30 animal photo cards for sorting into animal groups (mammals, birds, fish, amphibians, reptiles, arthropods)
• informative writing graphic organizer (completed and a blank template to fill in with students
• informative writing anchor chart templates for filling in with students in color and black and white (I am an Expert; and How To Teach Our Readers)
• 3 different templates for daily messages (pdf files that can easily be used on a smart board or promethean board by importing)
• 14 closed reading passages on brain, heart, lungs, stomach, intestines, kidneys, muscles, bones, and the 6 animal groups to be used for model writing/mini-lessons (included in pack)
• Animal Classification anchor charts: color PDF to be easily imported for your smart board or promethean board; interactive PowerPoint chart for a digital version; black and white version for students to cut, paste and fill in with you
• Animal Group anchor chart templates in color and black and white (blank, is/can/have, covering/diet/babies/photos) for each of the 6 animal groups
• Editable anchor charts for animal groups with photos to move onto the anchor charts in PowerPoint
• Informative writing paper for animal groups: mammals, birds, fish, arthropods, amphibians, reptiles.
• Science writing booklet for animals: "A _____ is a mammal because ____." (a page for each animal group)
• 3 sets of venn diagrams comparing two groups of animals (mammals/birds, arthropods/fish, amphibians/reptiles)
• 3 graphs charting favorite animal groups
• writing activities and 6 writing pages for "What Would You Do With A Tail Like This?" mentor text
• collaborative animal research webs and graphic organizers, writing paper, and publishing activities
• Human body: large organs for adding to life size butcher paper bodies in groups.
• Human body: small organs for adding to mini-me human, plus labels!
• My Human Body Journal: mini-me for adding organs, paper for writing informative paragraphs on muscles, bones, heart, lungs, brain, stomach, intestines, digestive system, kidneys, and the human body.
• Human Body anchor chart templates in color and black and white (blank and can/have/is options) for bones, muscles, brain, heart, lungs, stomach, intestines, kidneys)
• Drug Free Week is during this unit time frame. Included are materials for talking about staying drug free and an "'OWL' stay drug free!" writing and creativity.
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2016, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!