NOTE: This product is meant to be used after students read the book.
Looking for a fun activity to top off your book unit? Try the Animal Farm edition of ThemeQuotes Trivia Games!
ThemeQuotes Trivia Games:
* are both fun and educational!
* link famous quotations to the themes of the books you teach!
* combine the word-recognition skills of Wheel of Fortune with the challenge of Trivial Pursuit!
ThemeQuotes Trivia Games also:
* promote values
* encourage teamwork
* develop students' understanding of theme
* challenge students' reading-for-detail skills
* provide a great review for objective tests
Students have fun while being exposed to some of the greatest thinkers in history: Gandhi, Mark Twain, Pearl Buck, Thoreau, Emerson, Nietzche, Thomas Jefferson, Eleanor Roosevelt, Kipling, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and more!
Check out the preview to view the rules to these fun and "value-able" classroom games.
The Animal Farm edition includes:
* 240 trivia questions
* 16 transparency-ready ThemeQuotes puzzles
* ThemeQuotes puzzles key
21 EDITIONS-Available as downloadable files or hard copies!
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
The Great Gatsby
Of Mice and Men
To Kill a Mockingbird
Across 5 Aprils
Farewell to Manzanar
Romeo and Juliet
Bridge to Terabithia
Julie of the Wolves
Number the Stars
Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
Summer of the Monkeys
The Sign of the Beaver
Where the Red Fern Grows
Visit my store to receive a FREE Bookmarks Plus edition of ANIMAL FARM!
Like my products? See my LOOKING GOOD ON PAPER line. Great writing lessons, some barely touched on in textbooks, and all based on my years of teaching writing "in the trenches"!
More unique products over ANIMAL FARM—see all 14 in my store!
• Bookmarks Plus: ANIMAL FARM edition—A Handy Little Reading Aid! FREE! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and much more! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these helpful bookmarks! Download this free one and see for yourself!
• ANIMAL FARM: Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword—Use with the Animal Farm edition of Bookmarks Plus and the Animal Farm 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• ANIMAL FARM: 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword—Use with the Animal Farm edition of Bookmarks Plus and the Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words. Helps prepare students for reading the book!
• ANIMAL FARM Trivia Game—Fun for the Whole Class! My ThemeQuotes games are the only games that link famous, value-promoting quotations to the themes of the books you teach! Students work in teams to play this cross between Wheel of Fortune™ and Trivia Pursuit™ game! 240 questions!
• ANIMAL FARM: 10 Quotefall Word Puzzles—A Great Spelling Workout! Each quotefall is a quotation from AF. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• ANIMAL FARM: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrase. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
• ANIMAL FARM: 12 Cryptograms—Encoded Quotations from the Novel! Students decode 12 thought-provoking quotations from the story! Each cryptogram puzzle has its own code. Who doesn’t love a code?
• ANIMAL FARM: 16 Theme-Related Quotations Plus Teaching Ideas! Well-researched quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers that relate to the theme of the book!
• ANIMAL FARM: 2 Vocabulary Crosswords—A Fun Way to Learn New Words! Students provide synonyms for challenging words from the story. Good extra credit activity!
• ANIMAL FARM: 4 Fill-In Word Puzzles—Good Trial-and-Error Exercise! Students enter common words from the story into the puzzle grid based on the number of letters in the word. These puzzles can be challenging, but each time students enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• ANIMAL FARM: 4 Word Searches Based on the Novel! Four categories: The Animals; The Farm; Characters; Battle of the Windmill
• ANIMAL FARM: Anagram Crossword—Great Spelling Workout! Students decipher common terms from the novel! The puzzle can be challenging, but, as with all crosswords, each time they enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• ANIMAL FARM: Completing Narrative Quotations Crossword—Fun! Students use their knowledge of the story, their knowledge of language, and their imaginations to complete quotations from the book!
• ANIMAL FARM: 6 Cryptocategory Word Puzzles—Unique! Students must decode lists of categorized words from the book! Categories: The Farmhouse; The New Order; Battle of the Cowshed; Boxer; Napoleon; Snowball
Word-Wise Educational Products
more than 800 unique products over most-taught literature
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!