This crossword puzzle contains anagrams of familiar words from ANIMAL FARM. Every clue is a scrambled word that students have to unscramble in order to place it in the puzzle grid. For example, "meeny" translates to "enemy," and "nerdiF" translates to "friend." In some clues, the first letter of the word is capped (as in the “friend” clue above) to aid students in decoding the word. Students might not know all the answers, but, as with all crosswords, answers are revealed as they fill in the ones they do know. A fun spelling workout!
Visit my store to receive a FREE Bookmarks Plus edition of ANIMAL FARM! Handy reading aid!
More unique products over ANIMAL FARM—see all 14 in my store!
• Bookmarks Plus: ANIMAL FARM edition—A Handy Little Reading Aid! FREE! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and much more! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these helpful bookmarks! Download this free one and see for yourself!
• ANIMAL FARM: Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword—Use with the Animal Farm edition of Bookmarks Plus and the Animal Farm 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• ANIMAL FARM: 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword—Use with the Animal Farm edition of Bookmarks Plus and the Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words. Helps prepare students for reading the book!
• ANIMAL FARM Trivia Game—Fun for the Whole Class! My ThemeQuotes games are the only games that link famous, value-promoting quotations to the themes of the books you teach! Students work in teams to play this cross between Wheel of Fortune™ and Trivia Pursuit™ game! 240 questions!
• ANIMAL FARM: 10 Quotefall Word Puzzles—A Great Spelling Workout! Each quotefall is a quotation from AF. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• ANIMAL FARM: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrase. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
• ANIMAL FARM: 12 Cryptograms—Encoded Quotations from the Novel! Students decode 12 thought-provoking quotations from the story! Each cryptogram puzzle has its own code. Who doesn’t love a code?
• ANIMAL FARM: 16 Theme-Related Quotations Plus Teaching Ideas! Well-researched quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers that relate to the theme of the book!
• ANIMAL FARM: 2 Vocabulary Crosswords—A Fun Way to Learn New Words! Students provide synonyms for challenging words from the story. Good extra credit activity!
• ANIMAL FARM: 4 Fill-In Word Puzzles—Good Trial-and-Error Exercise! Students enter common words from the story into the puzzle grid based on the number of letters in the word. These puzzles can be challenging, but each time students enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• ANIMAL FARM: 4 Word Searches Based on the Novel! Four categories: The Animals; The Farm; Characters; Battle of the Windmill
• ANIMAL FARM: Completing Narrative Quotations Crossword—Fun! Students use their knowledge of the story, their knowledge of language, and their imaginations to complete quotations from the book!
• ANIMAL FARM: 6 Cryptocategory Word Puzzles—Unique! Students must decode lists of categorized words from the book! Categories: The Farmhouse; The New Order; Battle of the Cowshed; Boxer; Napoleon; Snowball
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!