The many editions of BOOKMARKS PLUS provide students with essential knowledge of the book: title, author info, publication date, genre, story premise, descriptions of main characters, and setting. Each edition also contains a "Words to Know" section, which students can refer to as they come across difficult words. Some even feature a list of words, along with their definitions, that are specific to the vernacular or time period.
BOOKMARKS PLUS come 5 to a page, front to back, so you can print as many as you like for as long as you like with only a minimal initial investment! Please note: For some reason, the thumbnail displays them as four on a portrait layout; they're actually 5 on a landscape layout. Also, the bookmarks come in both colored and black-and-white versions.
NOTE: The 25 "Words to Know" vocabulary words on the bookmarks are the same words covered in my ANIMAL FARM synonym/antonym crossword. See list below.
Also, the same 25 words are part of my ANIMAL FARM Prereading Crossword Puzzle, which familiarizes students with 50 challenging words before they read. See list below.
High school editions of BOOKMARKS PLUS:
* A Christmas Carol
* The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
* All Quiet on the Western Front
* Animal Farm—FREE!
* The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin
* Brave New World
* The Book Thief
* The Brothers Karamazov
* The Call of the Wild
* The Canterbury Tales
* The Catcher in the Rye
* The Color of Water
* The Crucible
* Cry, the Beloved Country
* Cyrano de Bergerac
* Ethan Frome
* Fahrenheit 451
* The Grapes of Wrath
* Great Expectations
* The Great Gatsby
* Gulliver’s Travels
* The Heart of Darkness
* Invisible Man
* Jane Eyre
* Julius Caesar
* The Jungle
* King Lear
* Les Miserables
* Lord of the Flies
* The Metamorphosis
* A Midsummer Night’s Dream
* My Antonia
* Oedipus Rex
* Of Mice and Men
* Pride and Prejudice
* The Red Badge of Courage
* The Scarlet Letter
* The Secret Life of Bees
* A Separate Peace
* Silas Marner
* A Tale of Two Cities
* The Time Machine
* To Kill a Mockingbird
* Twelfth Night
* The War of the Worlds
* Wuthering Heights
Don't see a bookmark for your favorite title? Contact me through TPT, and I’ll create one for you!
Like my products? Take a look at my new LOOKING GOOD ON PAPER line. Great writing lessons, some barely touched on in textbooks--all based on my years of teaching writing "in the trenches"!
More unique products over ANIMAL FARM—see them all in my store!
• Bookmarks Plus: ANIMAL FARM edition—A Handy Little Reading Aid! FREE! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and much more! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these helpful bookmarks! Download this free one and see for yourself!
• ANIMAL FARM: Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword—Use with the Animal Farm edition of Bookmarks Plus and the Animal Farm 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• ANIMAL FARM: 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword—Use with the Animal Farm edition of Bookmarks Plus and the Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words. Helps prepare students for reading the book!
• ANIMAL FARM Trivia Game—Fun for the Whole Class! My ThemeQuotes games are the only games that link famous, value-promoting quotations to the themes of the books you teach! Students work in teams to play this cross between Wheel of Fortune™ and Trivia Pursuit™ game! 240 questions!
• ANIMAL FARM: 10 Quotefall Word Puzzles—A Great Spelling Workout! Each quotefall is a quotation from AF. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• ANIMAL FARM: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrase. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
• ANIMAL FARM: 12 Cryptograms—Encoded Quotations from the Novel! Students decode 12 thought-provoking quotations from the story! Each cryptogram puzzle has its own code. Who doesn’t love a code?
• ANIMAL FARM: 16 Theme-Related Quotations Plus Teaching Ideas! Well-researched quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers that relate to the theme of the book!
• ANIMAL FARM: 2 Vocabulary Crosswords—A Fun Way to Learn New Words! Students provide synonyms for challenging words from the story. Good extra credit activity!
• ANIMAL FARM: 4 Fill-In Word Puzzles—Good Trial-and-Error Exercise! Students enter common words from the story into the puzzle grid based on the number of letters in the word. These puzzles can be challenging, but each time students enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• ANIMAL FARM: 4 Word Searches Based on the Novel! Four categories: The Animals; The Farm; Characters; Battle of the Windmill
• ANIMAL FARM: Anagram Crossword—Great Spelling Workout! Students decipher common terms from the novel! The puzzle can be challenging, but, as with all crosswords, each time they enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• ANIMAL FARM: Completing Narrative Quotations Crossword—Fun! Students use their knowledge of the story, their knowledge of language, and their imaginations to complete quotations from the book!
• ANIMAL FARM: 6 Cryptocategory Word Puzzles—Unique! Students must decode lists of categorized words from the book! Categories: The Farmhouse; The New Order; Battle of the Cowshed; Boxer; Napoleon; Snowball
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!