Also included in
- If you teach your first and second graders a science unit on animals, this bundle will provide you with lots of cross-curricular materials for extending your science teaching.Click any of the covers above to link directly to the preview of any of the resources in this bundle.* Animal Classes LiteracPrice $13.80Original Price $17.25Save $3.45
- Practice and extend science vocabulary all year with this set of 100 fun printable riddle cards about animals, weather, plants, the ocean, and the human body. These integrated curriculum cards and activities will help your students build important cross-curricular connections for learning that lastsPrice $16.20Original Price $20.50Save $4.30
- This bundle includes more than 300 seasonal and thematic riddle cards, riddle writing templates, and related games for vocabulary development.Click on any picture above to link to previews of all of the riddle sets that are included in this bundle! All are available separately, but you'll save nearPrice $46.00Original Price $62.75Save $16.75
Are you teaching about animals? Your students will love building their vocabulary and store of science facts with these unique riddles about habitat, classes, characteristics, and more! You'll love the way this cross-curricular resource reinforces early reading strategies like identifying key details, making inferences , and drawing conclusions!
What does this animal facts riddle resource include?
- 20 riddle cards, printable at four per page
- 20 answer cards illustrated with amazing photos
- The same 20 riddles in full-page format. Use on your interactive board for demonstrations, or have your students use them on digital devices with your favorite apps and programs.
- For an even easier digital alternative, all 20 riddles are ready for use with TpT's Easel.
- A template for your students to use to write their own animal riddles.
- Word search activity in both color and b/w
- Math connection! A class graph about birds to complete together.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ TeacherTog said, “This resource is AWESOME. We love animal inference riddles, and these were no exception. There were many animals
included, and some of the riddles really made my kids think deeply. It was perfect as an intro activity, and my students begged for more when we were done!”
How can you use these animal fact activities in your classroom?
* These riddles are vocabulary builders! As you complete both whole group and small group activities, you'll grow your students' mastery of content area vocabulary for your science unit about animals!
* Model solving riddles with intentional teaching of identifying key details, inferring, and drawing conclusions.
* Punch a hole in the corner of the riddle cards and secure them with a loose leaf ring. Put the set in your science center.
* Use the printable riddle cards and answer cards for a matching activity at the pocket chart.
* Use a riddle as a sponge activity throughout the day. Waiting for the bell to ring? Solve a riddle! Finish a lesson a bit earlier than expected? Time for a riddle!
* Solve a riddle for a Brain Break! Then give your students a few moments to move like the animal moves.
* Complete the class graph together to review data collection during a math lesson.
Here's what teachers have said about this science and literacy resource!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Will said, "I used this as a trivia type game. The grades were a combination of 2,3&4. It worked great for all three grades."
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Lynn said, “Love these riddles! I used them to kick off our informational writing unit on animals! Great way to make the kids think and use
the clues to figure out the animals!
Thanks for your interest in this resource! You’ll also like…
Would you like to save money on future TPT purchases? It’s easy!
Please go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Just click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment about the product. Your feedback is important to me! It helps me to improve products and design the new resources you need for your classroom.
Be the first to know about my newest resources!
Click here to follow my store. You‘ll get an email update whenever I post a new resource. You’ll also find an occasional “Followers Only” freebie in your TpT inbox, just to say thanks!☺
Copyright © Primary Inspiration by Linda Nelson
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you plan to share this product.