Introduction to the Animal Kingdom: Origin and Evolution, Classification, Body Features, Embryology and Phylogeny. Warm Ups, Bell Ringers, Inserts for Interactive Notebooks
NO PREP Biology or Life Science Warm-Ups, Bell-Ringers, Exit Slips, and / or Additions to Interactive Notebooks for your "Introduction to Animals" unit.
No gluing, cutting or folding required! Maximize your instruction time!
Please note that this product is also sold in two different bundles of interactive notebook pages and warm ups. You can view the bundles by clicking these links:
Interactive Notebook Pages, Warm-Ups and Bell Ringers for Biology BIG BUNDLE Part 3
ONE FULL YEAR of Biology Warm Ups, Bell ringers, and Interactive Notebook Pages
These warm up / interactive notebook pages are perfect for students in grades 8 - 12. The pages range in difficulty from very basic to more advanced, making these suitable for upper middle school, high school biology or life science classes.
This product includes 29 student pages of biology / life science warm ups or bell ringers for your introductory unit on the animal kingdom.
How can these be used?
• Warm Ups or Bell Ringers
• Exit Slips
• Additions to Interactive Notebooks
• Homework assignments
• Tutoring and review
• Short daily quizzes
• Perfect for early finishers
• Completed notebook is ideal for semester exam review.
Click here to download a free sample of my warm ups, bell ringers, and interactive notebook pages. The sampler includes pages from many of my warm up units.
Classroom management is a very large part of what we do every day as science teachers, and the first few minutes of a class period can be somewhat chaotic. You can turn this chaotic time at the beginning of your class into an organized time of meaningful learning.
****Included in this product:
• 29 warm-up or bell-ringer activities (29 pages)
• Complete answer keys (29 Teacher Answer Pages)
• 5-page Teacher Guide
• Editable Template for creating your own warm-ups.
• Editable templates for starting your own interactive, warm up notebooks.
The pages are printed landscape style. The pages look best if printed in color, but also look great if printed in black/white. Each activity is one-half page in size. Two identical warm-ups are printed per page in order to conserve paper. These half-page activities can be collected and quickly graded, or you might want to have your students keep a daily warm-up notebook. These warm-ups will make excellent additions to your interactive notebooks.
The 29 student pages include the following titles.
Introduction to Animals (29 student pages)
• Introduction to Animals
• Essential Functions of Animals
• More About Animals!
• Origin and Classification of Animals
• Phyla of the Animal Kingdom
• Body Structures of Animals
• Animal Diversity
• Comparison of Body Features 1
• Comparison of Body Features 2
• Comparison of Body Features 3
• Fertilization and Development
• Stages of Development 1
• Stages of Development 2
• Stages of Development 3
• Stages of Development 4
• The Germ Layers
• Formation of the Coelom
• Cleavage Patterns
• Protostomes and Deuterostomes
• Embryonic Development 1
• Embryonic Development 2
• Comparison of Evolutionary Features
• Phylogenetic Tree of the Animal Kingdom
• Thinking Critically About Animal Development
• Review the Vocabulary!
• Review: What’s the Relationship?
• Review: True or False?
• Review: Fill in the Blanks
• Review: Multiple Choice
The above titles will cover the following information:
• Introduction to the animal kingdom: Invertebrates, vertebrates, definition of “animal”, tissues in the animal body.
• Essential functions of animals and how these functions are carried out: Feeding, respiration, circulation, excretion, response, movement, and reproduction.
• Cell specialization: Definition, advantages, disadvantages.
• Origin of animals from flagellated protists: Description of ancient ancestors, and the evidence to support this theory.
• 11 major phyla of the animal kingdom: Porifera, Cnidaria, Ctenophora, Platyhelminthes, Nematoda, Rotifera, Mollusca, Annelida, Arthropoda, Echinodermata, and Chordata.
• The animal body plan: symmetry, radial symmetry, bilateral symmetry, dorsal, ventral, posterior, anterior, germ layers, body cavities, segmentation, hydrostatic skeleton, exoskeleton, endoskeleton, open and closed circulatory systems, gastrovascular cavity, digestive systems, hermaphrodites, lungs, gills.
• Fertilization and Development: Comparison of egg and sperm, stages of embryonic development, cleavage, blastula, blastocoel, gastrulation, gastrula, blastopore, endoderm, ectoderm, mesoderm, archenteron, coelom, the functions of the coelom, radial cleavage, spiral cleavage, determinate and indeterminate cleavage, the fate of the blastopore, protostomes, and deuterostomes.
• Comparison of 11 major animal phyla.
• Phylogenetic tree of the animal kingdom.
• Thinking critically: One page of critical thinking and problem solving questions about the animal kingdom.
• 5 pages of review: Modified True False, Multiple Choice, Fill in the Blank, Review the Vocabulary, and What’s the relationship?
Click these links to view other available units:
Introduction to Science Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Cell Structure, Function, and Physiology Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Ecology Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Genetics Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
DNA, RNA and Protein Synthesis Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Evolution and Classification Warm Ups
Viruses and Bacteria Interactive Notebook Pages or Warm Ups
Interactive Notebooks Big Bundled Set Part 1
The Fungi: Interactive Notebook and Warm Up Pages
Protista Kingdom Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
The Human Body: An Introduction Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Skeletal, Muscular and Integumentary Systems
The Human Body: Circulatory System Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
The Human Body: Respiratory System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Digestive System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Excretory System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Immune System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Nervous System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Endocrine System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Reproductive System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Drugs
The Human Body BIG BUNDLED set of Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
Plant Evolution and Classification Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Plant Structure and Function Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Plant Reproduction and Plant Response Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
No Prep Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups Big Bundle 2
Porifera, Cnidaria and Ctenophora Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Platyhelminthes and Nematoda Warm Ups and/or Interactive Notebook Pages
Mollusca and Annelida Warm Ups and/or Interactive Notebook Pages
Phylum Arthropoda Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Phylum Echinodermata and the Invertebrate Chordates
The Fish: Agnatha, Chondrichthyes and Osteichthyes
The Amphibians: Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Reptiles Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Class Aves - The Birds Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Mammals ~ Warm Ups, Bell Ringers, Interactive Notebook Pages
Animal Behavior Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
No Prep Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups Big Bundle 3
In this time saving classroom management strategy, all you have to do is print the pages, cut them in half and put your students to work.
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)