A Massive Research Packet on Animals and their habitats for the Elementary Student. Students will learn about the Animal Kingdom and how it is broken down to identify animals in our world. This research packet focuses on the Animal Class (which is made up of animals that are alike in important ways) level of the Animal Kingdom and they are as follows:
1. Mammals- includes 15 mammals: aardvark, anteater, bat, bear, bison, bobcat, coyote, gorilla, possum, rabbit, rat, shrew, skunk, walrus, and a whale.
2. Birds-includes 15 birds: chicken, duck, eagle, emu, flamingo, royal penguin, toucan, woodpecker, kiwi, tawny owl, parrot, pelican, quail, turkey, turkey vulture
3. Fish- includes 11 fishes: Addis butterfly fish, barracuda, catfish, clownfish, manta ray, powder blue tang, eel, grey reef shark, lion fish, Picasso Fish and swordfish.
4. Reptiles- includes 8 reptiles: alligator, chameleon, crocodile, gecko, lizard, snake, turtle and tortoise.
5. Amphibians- includes 4 amphibians: frog, newt, salamander and toad
6. Arthropods – includes 12 arthropods: beetle scarab, cabbage white, cat flea, crab, dragonfly, earwig, katydid, mosquito, moth, scorpion, stick insect and tree cricket.
7. Mollusk- include 11 mollusks: clam, cuttlefish, limpet, octopus, oyster, razor, scallop, slug, snail and squid.
Habitats included: Antarctica, Coral Reef, Desert, farm, Forest, Grassland, Jungle, Ocean, Polar, Pond, Prairie, Rainforest, Stream/River, Wetland, and Wilderness
1. Introduction to the Animal Kingdom-Teacher info
2. Teacher Information sheets: information about animals, interesting facts, picture of animal and animal classification.
3. Poster for each classification
4. Poster of different Habitats
5. Habitat Puzzles-habitat with three animals that can live in that habitat
6. Animal Sort-Great Center Activity: Each classification sort has 8 animal cards.
7. Animal Research Worksheets for students: over 10 worksheets…can also be used for assessment.
8. Venn Diagrams: Animal and Habitat comparison.
9. Clip it cards: a Classification name with three pictures. Student uses clothes pin to pin the correct picture.
10. Student booklets – 3 pages: Animal, diet, and habitat. In black and white students can color.
11. Maze-2 different types of mazes
Teacher Information Sheet includes:
* Sample does not include everything, just a sample of what you get