7 Language Arts Activities all related to animals! Use as whole group activities or language arts centers! These are highly engaging activities that will support children's reading development!
Included in this bundle:
•Animal Blends Spinner Race
•Animal Blends Fill-in-the-Blank
•Animal Memory Blends
•Animal Short Vowel Race
•Animal Silent e Venn Diagram
Reading: Foundational Skills
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.2 Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes).
◦ CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.2a Distinguish long from short vowel sounds in spoken single-syllable words.
◦ CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.2b Orally produce single-syllable words by blending sounds (phonemes), including consonant blends.
◦ CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.2c Isolate and pronounce initial, medial vowel, and final sounds (phonemes) in spoken single-syllable words.
◦ CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.2d Segment spoken single-syllable words into their complete sequence of individual sounds (phonemes).
Phonics and Word Recognition
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.3 Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
◦ CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.3a Know the spelling-sound correspondences for common consonant digraphs.
◦ CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.3b Decode regularly spelled one-syllable words.
◦ CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.3c Know final -e and common vowel team conventions for representing long vowel sounds.
◦ CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.3d Use knowledge that every syllable must have a vowel sound to determine the number of syllables in a printed word.
◦ CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.3g Recognize and read grade-appropriate irregularly spelled words.
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.4 Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension.
◦ CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.4a Read grade-level text with purpose and understanding.
◦ CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.4b Read grade-level text orally with accuracy, appropriate rate, and expression on successive readings.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.4c Use context to confirm or self-correct word recognition and understanding, rereading as necessary.
Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.1.4 Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grade 1 reading and content, choosing flexibly from an array of strategies.
◦ CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.1.4a Use sentence-level context as a clue to the meaning of a word or phrase.
◦ CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.1.4b Use frequently occurring affixes as a clue to the meaning of a word.