Also included in
- Use this YEAR LONG BUNDLE of PRINT & GO + virtual math enrichment activities to challenge your high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students with advanced math problem solving fun ALL YEAR LONG. A Year of Math Challenges & Brain Teasers includes every math challenge and brain teaser pack in the stoPrice $89.00Original Price $134.00Save $45.00
Use these PRINT & GO + VIRTUAL animal themed math enrichment problems to challenge your high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students with advanced math problem solving FUN. These animal math challenges & brainteasers have engaging zoo and wild animal themes students love, and are a perfect way to extend and enrich your advanced second and third grade mathematicians' learning! FUN for kids and EASY for parents and teachers.
The Animal Math Challenge and Brainteaser Pack includes 26 NO PREP math printables + virtual math activities with answer keys you can use for math centers, homework, fast finishers, small groups, number talks, Zoom meetings, math enrichment contracts, seasonal classroom activities, or whole class problem solving. Perfect for integrating math with life science, for an animal themed classroom, or for advanced students with a love of all things animals.
Animals facts & themes include: frogs, whales, worms, seahorses, crabs, ostriches, elephants, alligators, snails, chickens, narwhals, penguins, octopuses, safari, zoos, barns, wild animals, forest animals, and ocean animals.
Recommended as a challenge for 2nd and 3rd grade students.
Included in this pack:
13 Math Challenges
- Flyfest (Adding 1 and 2-digit numbers within 100, guess and check)
- Whale Whistles (Place value with 3-digits, adding multiple 1-digit numbers to 20, defining even, guess and check)
- Bookworm (Place value with 4-digits, adding multiple 1-digit numbers to 20, guess and check)
- Legs & Tails (Repeated addition/multiplication, guess and check)
- Ostrich Eggs (Mixed operations, defining a dozen, converting ounces to pounds)
- Parched Pachyderms (Capacity conversions, repeated addition/multiplication with 2-digit numbers)
- Going on Safari (Finding all possible combinations, organizing work)
- Feeding the Animals (Adding and subtracting money to $5.00, guess and check)
- Alligator Line Up (Defining one mile, converting feet to miles)
- Scrambled Eggs (Adding multiple 1 and 2-digit numbers, guess and check)
- Old Macdonald had Two Barns (Mixed operations with 1 and 2-digit numbers, dividing into equal groups)
- A Snail’s Pace (Converting days to hours, converting yards to feet, repeated addition/multiplication)
- Grain Stock Up (Converting ounces to pounds, repeated addition/multiplication)
All math challenges come with a lined page for written responses focused on strategies students used to solve the problem
- Name that Narwhal (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Animal Enclosures (Logical thinking, polygons, guess and check)
- Sea Legs (Adding 1 and 2-digit numbers to 50, finding all possible combinations)
- Barn Stalls (Logical thinking, guess and check, adding 1-digit numbers)
- Zoo Map #1 (Perimeter and area with models given, easier)
- Zoo Map #2 (Perimeter and area with length and width dimensions, more difficult)
- Animal Equations #1 (Addition and subtraction within 20, balancing equations)
- Animal Equations #2 (Addition and subtraction within 100, balancing equations)
- FARM Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- WILD Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- FOREST Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- OCEANS Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- CAT & MOUSE Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, most difficult)
- Student resource page with common conversions and extra info students might need to help solve these problems.
- Link to an interactive Google Slides version
- Google Slides FAQ and tutorial videos
- Answer keys for every problem
Check out the preview to see all challenges, brainteasers, and answer keys.
Have a fab day Super Teacher!
Sign up for the Super Teacher e-mail list and be the first to know about exclusive freebies, new products, and get super teacher tips and tricks for your teacher toolbox delivered right to your inbox!
If you like this product you might also like
Become a follower and be the first to know about new Super Teacher freebies and product launches. It's Easy!
Click HERE to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates from TpT when I upload new products to my store. I typically give a 20% discount on all new products for the first 48 hours, so please follow and get in on the discounted fun. Nothing’s better than saving some moolah!
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases. It's FREE!
Go to your “My Purchases” page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a blinking “Provide Feedback” option. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I love reading your comments and value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you!