Animal Migration Inspirational Quote Writing Prompts and Graphic Organizers
Please see the preview for highlights from the bundle that supports Journeys Grade 3, Unit 5, Lesson 22 story.
Are you a multi-tasker? If so, you’ll understand why I use these science, character education, figurative language and writing lessons, all wrapped in one! These two prompts focus on the growth mindset of “Perseverance” (and silver lining) and “Curiosity” (and moving forward).
• Walt Disney quote, “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
• Inspiration: Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over it became a butterfly.
Each prompt includes:
• Grayscale poster
• Full Color Poster
• Print friendly version (perfect for reduced sized in Interactive Note Books)
• Prewrite graphic organizer
• Organizer with writing space
• Quote with writing space
1. Class Discussion - Place the full page poster on chart paper and conduct a class discussion prior to writing.
2. Post-it Ideas - Use 3 colors of post-it notes for students interacting with the three questions found in the graphic organizer.
3. Large Poster - Later, I usually choose 3-4 of the post-its in each category to make a whole-class poster, including the student’s name who suggested the idea. This makes a nice centerpiece on a bulletin board for their final writing.
4. Writing About Character Quotes - Three levels of difficulty are included – 1. With graphic organizer and sentence frame support. 2. With graphic organizer, but without supports. 3. No supports and room to illustrate a personal connection.
5. Mini Posters - Print the poster size multiple times on one page. The small posters are great for interactive notebooks. Students make a web of ideas coming from the mini-poster; use it for the rough draft; or have students make their own ways to interact with the quote.
Thank you for your interest in Creative Core Integrations
by Kim Shelley!
Please visit my store for these supporting documents –
The Journey: Stories of Migration by Cynthian Rylant BUNDLE
• Stories of Migration Vocabulary Foldables, Matching Quizzes, and Word Wall
• Stories of Migration Quizzes
• Stories of Migration Roll Read Graph Word Work
• Stories of Migration Writing
• Animal Migration QUOTES
Many thanks to these creative talents:
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Mad-Clips-Factory http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Teaching-Super-Power http://www.talesfromoutsidetheclassroom.com/ (Tessa McGuire)
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Krista-Wallden (creative clips)
http://frompond.blogspot.com/; http://www.raggedyscrappin.com/ http://openclipart.org/
*Follow me* - for 50% off new products for the first 48 hours.