Easy, low-maintenance science and/or literacy center!
Simply print copies of the recording sheets and place in your science/literacy center. Each recording sheet can be used alone or as a set of two.
Students can observe a class pet, a live animal webcam, video clips, insects, and animals in nature. Use the information gathered to compare behaviors at different times of the day, create a project/presentation, or as a springboard to further research.
Add a magnifying glass for a different perspective!
* Students will closely observe live events and record their
* Students will share their detailed observations with the class
through public speaking and/or project-based presentations.
* Students will question data collected from their their observations
and explore possible connections and conclusions this exploration
may lead to.
* Students will engage in inquiry-based research to extend learning
about observations made using a variety of resources, which may
audio/video recordings, live web cams, web searches, interviews,
informational texts, and additional observations.
* Students will make and check predictions regarding animal behavior
based on current and past observations.