This product was developed to supplement a unit on animals for fourth grade. For this project, the students write a report, create a visual-aid, and give a formal presentation on an animal of their choice. It includes:
1. Outline for animal report - Students will research an animal and provide information about that animal's appearance, habitat, diet, etc.
2. Outline for animal presentation - After completing the project, the students will give a formal presentation using some of the information from the report. The speech outline helps them narrow down the information.
3. Diorama guidelines - For this project, the students get to choose a visual-aid. They can choose a poster, diorama, or research booklet. The guidelines for diorama are included.
4. Poster guidelines
5. Checklists and Rubrics for: report, speech, diorama, and poster
6. Presentation self evaluation - This evaluation allows the students to reflect upon their individual speeches in order to identify areas for future improvement.
7. Presentation peer evaluation - This evaluation is a good tool for teaching students how to provide meaningful, constructive criticism to peers.
8. Parent Letter - This letter gives parents details about the project and due dates (blank line inserted to place your own due dates).