This 49 page, fun and engaging research report helps students communicate what they've learned about animals. We have developed this report template and additional worksheets, organizers, tools and forms to use for your students to create, develop, write, edit, illustrate, present, and assess their animal report. This template can be for their formal report or utilized as a study guide to develop their report for them to type or write on their own. This packet contains the following:
• Template includes: Topic, Introduction, Description, Habitat/ Special Characteristics, Life Cycles, Eating Habits, Predators/Prey, How Animal Protects Itself, Communication, Closely Related Relatives, Interesting and Unusual Facts, Would it make a good pet, and Conclusion. We have provided additional lined sheets to add additional information; copy as many as needed.
• Templates for pictures, Maps, and Illustrations.
• A page to help your students find information for their report.
• Resource page and Bibliography Template- I use the Resource Page template because my students are not ready to learn the rules of a true bibliography, but if you teach bibliography skills I have included a template for you.
• Tree Map Graphic Organizers for student planning and a blank Tree Map page if you’d like your students to draw their own map.
• Note Taking page for students to take notes and a note taking page in bullet format. Copy as needed.
• A Powerpoint page if you’d like your students to create a Powerpoint.
• A Projects page if you’d like your students to create a project.
• An Oral Presentation Information Sheet.
• Rubrics- Performance Task for the Written Report, Powerpoint, Project, and Oral Reports.
• Animal Report Checklist for students to check if all performance tasks are completed and included.
• Editing and Revising Checklist.
• Common Core Standards page that can be hung near the student reports on a bulletin board to cite the Common Core Writing Standard being taught.
• Teacher Ideas.
• Landscape worksheets - I recreated some of the graphic organizers and illustration sheets in landscape page orientation if you’d wish to substitute these pages for the portrait worksheets.
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
The Teacher Team
Here are some other items you may be interested in:
Animal Unit - Close Reading - Text Dependent Questions
Polar Animal Research Report for Elementary Grades
Butterfly Unit – Close Reading – Text Dependent Questions – Butterfly Report Included
Dinosaur Research Report
Dinosaur Unit - Close Reading - Text Dependent Questions
Insect Research Report
Reptile Research Report
Amphibian Research Report
Ocean Animal Research Report
Planet Research Report
Planets-Solar System Unit – Close Reading – Text Dependent Questions
Plants Unit - Close Reading - Text Dependent Questions
Plant Research Report
Biography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Weather Unit - Close Reading - Text Dependent Questions
Weather Research Report
Autobiography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Copyright 2013 Carol Beaumont
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
Commercial License Number 1012173667
“Graphics &/or Fonts Copyright Dianne J. Hook.” www.djinkers.com
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. We value your feedback greatly as it helps us determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so we can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the red star
near the top of any page within our store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺