This is a set of 20 week long guided reading lesson/research on animals. For each animal, there is a guide to 4 day lessons. It can be great for guided reading, animal research project or even homework.
In this pack, you will find:
- books to 20 animals
For each animal, you will get:
- Introduction/title page of the animal, which includes its lifespan
- 4 real pictures of the animal for discussion purposes
- KWL chart where students can write what they know, what they wonder, and what they learned about each animal
- Reading passage of the animal
- Activities that go with the reading passage (1. drawing the animal, 2. finding and coloring short answer questions)
- Fact bubble, where students write 4 facts they learned about the animal
Day 1: Introduce the animal and its life span. Look at the pictures to tap prior knowledge.
Day 2: Complete the KWL chart and cold read the passage (timed reading).
Day 3: Reread the passage and color the faces. Complete the reading activity (draw the animal & find short answers).
Day 4: Complete the fact bubble.
These are the 20 animals that are included in this pack:
rabbit, hamster, ladybug, pig, crab, dog, fish, giraffe, koala, rat, pup (baby Fox), chicken, duck, frog, cub (baby bear), hippos, tiger, bear, cow, horse
Click on the link below to download a preview of this product
Animal Research Freebie