Use these animal research booklets for animal reports! These animal templates are made into booklets for students to use while they research and learn about various animals. These tabbed organizers are perfect to use during a nonfiction text features or informational writing unit. Students use the booklets to record what they've learned.
- Rainforest animals included: chameleon, chimpanzee, jaguar, lemur, macaw, python snake, red eyed tree frog, sloth, tiger, and toucan.
- Desert animals included: camel, coyote, javelina, meerkat, ostrich, rattlesnake, scorpion, tortoise, and vulture.
- Ocean animals included: crab, dolphin, jellyfish, manatee, octopus, sea turtle, shark, & stingray.
- Grassland animals included: baboon, cheetah, elephant, gazelle, giraffe, kangaroo, lion, rhino, and zebra.
- Polar animals included: penguins, polar bears, seals, walruses, whales, narwhals, and moose
There are 42 booklets with 4 tabs in each. Students can quickly cut them out and have it stapled into a booklet. You will use own informational texts about the various desert animals included, and students can use this booklet to record what they've learned.
I like to use this as I'm teaching about reading and writing informational texts. My students read various articles, books, and websites about different animals, and then they record their research in the booklet for their animal.
At the end, they write informational paragraph(s) about what they've researched. This product includes lined writing paper, with and without primary handwriting lines, for students to do the informational writing.
Included for EACH animal:
- Booklet cover
- Tab 1: Questions
- Tab 2: Habitat
- Tab 3: Food
- Tab 4: Animal Description
- Blank lined page included for students to add more research if needed
- Multiple lined writing paper options
Looking for other animal research report templates? Here's more!
© Simply Creative Teaching