This is a FREEBIE set of guided reading lesson/research on animals. For each animal, there is a guide to 4 day lessons. It can be great for guided reading, animal research project or even homework.
In this pack, you will find:
- 1 book about giraffe
For each animal, you will get:
- Introduction/cover page of the animal, which includes its lifespan
- Animal drawing page for free draw or directed drawing of the animal
- KWL chart for writing down what students know, wonder, and learned about the animal
- 3 differentiated reading passages ideal for K-2 students
- Graphic organizer for writing down 3 facts about the animal
- Quiz page where students answer questions by underlining the matching sentence in the article and writing a complete sentence
Day 1: Introduce the animal and its life span. Have students draw a picture of the animal. Complete KWL chart.
Day 2: Read the article. Record time for fluency, if needed.
Day 3: Reread article and complete the graphic organizer.
Day 4: Reread article and take the quiz.
These are the 20 animals that are included in the purchased pack:
Click on the link below to go to the purchased pack: